Locations: NY - New York, United States of America, New York, New York
Sr Manager, Audit – Capital Management
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
CAS is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Audit Senior Manager who will be responsible for assisting the Audit Director/Senior Director in developing the audit plan for assurance coverage of Capital One’s Capital Management processes, and act as the primary lead on Capital Management related audit projects including ICAAP, CCAR, DFAST, and Economic Capital. The candidate will also play a key role in the coordination and execution of Internal Audit’s Basel II coverage plan as Basel II processes transition into existing functions during the company’s parallel run. As part of the broader Audit team, the candidate will also lead or contribute to other audits as determined through audit planning processes.
As the Capital Management Specialist, the Audit Senior Manager will support the Audit Director/Senior Director in maintaining key business partner relationships, stay abreast of evolving industry practices and regulatory expectations relative to Capital Management, and provide consult to the broader audit team where appropriate, based on the interaction between Capital Management and broader audit coverage. The candidate will also provide training and coaching to team members on assignments, and the broader Audit team.
- Annual planning, risk assessment, and scheduling of Audit universe relative to Capital Management related functions.
- Direct or lead business process and project audits, primarily within the Capital Management related audit universe
- Develop engagement planning documentation to communicate rationale for scoping decisions, develop audit program to ensure adequate coverage of risk.
- Communicates audit scope, issues, risks, and recommendations to management in written reports and oral presentations.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with key business partners within their assigned area, developing and functioning as a Subject Matter Expert relative to Capital Management
- Coordinate with and support Line of Business Audit teams in the planning and execution of audit assessments.
- Design and execute internal control testing for entire audits or large supporting components. Plans, performs and leads audit tasks demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level.
- On audit engagements facilitates teamwork, coordinates and leverages available resources to complete engagements on time. Builds and utilizes relationships outside immediate CASS team to improve overall quality.
- Delivers appropriate, succinct and organized information, tailoring communication style to audience. Effectively reviews and compiles relevant, material findings and recommendations into readable and concise audit reports. Communicates complex results and implications, incorporates different perspectives into deliverables. Effectively communicates audit process scope, protocol, issues, risks and recommendations to clients during kick-off, periodic status updates, and exit meetings.
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to changes in assignment and job responsibility.
- Leverages specialized knowledge and skills, providing management with insight into their area of subject-matter focus. May be called upon to effectively represent internal audit at management meetings, and to some external organizations.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit delivery
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions and test assumptions.
- You seek to deepen relationships and shared objectives with your business partners to deliver an elevated value proposition and outstanding business results.
- You’re a firm believer that data will only make you a better Auditor. This part will require looking at some data, so you’ll want to ensure that analytics doesn’t scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the development of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in auditing, at least 7 years of experience in risk management, at least 7 years of experience in capital management, or a combination
- At least 3 years of experience in capital management with a firm required to comply with Basel II, ICAAP, CCAR and DFAST regulatory requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in leading audit engagements or in project management
- At least 3 years of experience in banking or the financial services industry
- Master’s Degree in Auditing, Master’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree in Finance, Master’s Degree in Economics, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Risk Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- 3+ years experience assessing and/or operating within a Model Risk Management Governance and Oversight framework
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.