That's a way cool job! I want it!
The Business Operations & Strategy ("BizOps") team at Splunk is focused on driving results for the company through performance management, operational cadence, and strategic initiatives and is broadly aligned to the market and functional areas of the organization.
As a Sr. Manager in Biz Ops, you will develop and execute strategies that drive growth and improvements in the business. Projects include formulating strategic priorities and operational plans, conducting market and customer research to drive new opportunities for growth, uncovering customer and competitive insights, and driving business initiatives. You will also partner with the leadership team to drive business cadence, measure and track critical initiatives, and assist in the preparation of content for Executive discussions.
In this role, you will work on highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team, have exposure to senior-level decision making, and establish relationships with people across the entire company.
The candidate must have a strong product and market background and excel in all areas of strategy development and execution including: project management, business analysis, problem solving, executive communication, consensus building, and people development. In addition, candidates must demonstrate the ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment. A combination of strategy and technology market experience is ideal.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Drive highly visible projects for Splunk; work cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and drive to solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process
- Help drive the operational cadence of the various businesses and drive the definition, measurement and tracking of the key strategic and operational initiatives
- Provide insights to the business through analytics and market research as required (e.g. market, customer, competitive)
- Develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and operational plans to capture the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, and business model
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- Requirements: I've already done that or have that!*
- 2+ years post-MBA experience in management consulting, private equity, or strategy & operations at a technology company (or similar)
- Experience working on large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research analysis, building the business and operational plans, and driving execution through to success is required
- Strong leadership and communication skills - written and verbal -- to work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; comfort in business and technical discussions
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- The position is based in Santana Row (San Jose)
- MBA from a top-tier program
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance. Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline appreciated
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.