Sr Manager, Capital Markets
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
Capital One is an institution of “get-things-done” kind of people. In our Home Loans division, we’re committed to helping people achieve their dreams of home ownership with 5-star service and impressive professional skills. If you’re passionate about working with people, have a drive to provide world-class customer satisfaction, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment, then we’re looking for you. At one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you’re sure to come to work every day with the promise of a new challenge and excitement of a hard-working team.
The Sr Manager of Capital Markets Home Loans is responsible for assisting the team in driving strategic leadership and direction of the Capital Markets function and will oversee the functions associated with the Capital Markets Analytics and Reporting Team. This person will be responsible for analyzing and reporting on secondary marketing performance goals and guardrails, managing QRM MB model assumptions and monitoring, managing, driving the completion of monthly governance reporting requireiments, analyze and develop dimensional MSR stratums and report monthly economic to Accounting P/L reporting to the mortgage accounting team. In fulfilling this role, the incumbent will be expected to develop and maintain internal and external relationships that support the sales and hedging objectives of the business. As a leader in the business, this position will contribute market perspective to the development of pricing policies and strategy, product development, and risk mitigation approaches.
This position works with a team that must successfully balance daily hedging and loan sales monitoring and reporting with longer term project and process enhancement work related to all Capital Markets functions. Building relationships with and ensuring effective coordination with other areas of the Home Loans business is required to facilitate loans sales activities and to constantly improve our hedging and loan sale efficiency.
- Lead and perform daily operations related to pricing, hedging and loan sales analytics, monitoring and reporting
- Ensure the technical proficiency and effectiveness of the modeling in the QRM fundamental to the hedging and loan sales activities
- Ensure that the secondary marketing activities are executed in a sound and well governed manner with the risk exposure consistently managed within established risk tolerances
- Responsible for the effective coordination with other business groups within the Home Loans business and corporate functions like Treasury, MSR team and Balance Sheet Management
- Delivery on new projects and initiatives in support of Capital Markets activities as investor and business demands dictate
- Drive new delivery execution options resulting in improved incremental revenue gain.
The person will:
- Exhibit strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Have specific knowledge on mortgage primary and secondary marketing including agency requirements, pooling and delivery, and hedging practices
- Ability to integrate overall business strategy and apply that to the team’s direction and focus
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities and strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or Military experience
- Master’s degree or Military experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.