Come grow with us as you help secure the success and sustainability our company thrives on. Lead with us as you will be accountable for driving and executing Brand and Innovation strategies through Snacks Category Management to ensure consistent customer and consumer engagement. This position plays an integral role in developing and deploying category strategies. The role is responsible for collaborating with Marketing, Customer Marketing, Supply Chain & Field Sales to develop assortment priorities through Kellogg's Shelf Lead Assortment Management (SLAM) process and insight-based, Perfect Shelf principles to enable Kellogg to win where the shopper shops.
Learn with us in an environment that cares about your development. Engage with us as you join a phenomenal team - one company; endless possibilities for you! WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Senior Manager Category Strategy at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Communicating field based Category Management implications and needs to Customer Marketing, Innovation, Market Research, Brand Marketing and Sales
- Delivering Category Management insights
- Commercializing and guiding Market Research initiatives related to the achievement of sales objectives
- Managing Kellogg's Category Management best practices around the consumer and customer within the commercialized go-to-market strategy
- Uncovering key category opportunities which impact Kellogg brands and developing solutions based selling tools and presentations
- Deploying Kellogg's category customer strategies to field based Category Management through articulation and customization of key Marketing and Innovation strategies
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Category Management, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Significant CPG industry experience (i.e. Category Management, Shopper Insights and/or sales experience)
- Previous experience communicating complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to draw conclusions, address key opportunities, and understand and apply market research tools to create selling stories
- Strong knowledge of Category Management practices and tools (IRI, ACNielsen, Spectra)
- Experience negotiating and influencing, through communications, large groups or high-level constituents/representatives of an organization
- Experience in managing vendor/customer relationships
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in conditions which include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience driving strategy across business units
- Significant Category Management and/or Shopper Insights experience
- Experience in delivering advanced insights with a variety of information streams beyond syndicated data
- Supervisory/managerial experience
The ideal candidate will work daily from our Corporate Office Location in Battle Creek, MI
- A flexible work schedule and the ability to travel up to 20% of the time
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.