PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:Annual Channel Planning:
- Steward the annual channel and customer planning process, including providing overarching direction on key strategic commercialization opportunities and delivering scalable solutions for customer clients.
- Defines capacity for customers/channels and works with Category Commercialization to incorporate highest leverage initiatives, products, programming and supporting tools into strategic and annual customer plans.
- Leads development and commercialization of PicOS & RED for channel.
- Creates CMA selling deck and stewardship tools aligned to PicOS/RED to support sell-in of strategic initiatives.
- Stewards Trimester Planning process for channel and is responsible for handoff of key Trimester deliverables to Region Commercial Marketing and Ops
Annual Customer Planning:
- Perform channel level situation assessment to identify key long and short term strategic channel/customer commercialization opportunities (i.e. Meal Solutions, Millennial recruitment, Hydration) through research, insights and sales team input. Identify execution capacity for highest leverage opportunities/initiatives.
- Provide/facilitate feedback loop to Cat Comm teams to ensure translation and successful commercialization of brand strategies into channel/customer oriented initiatives and pilots (i.e. Coke with Food, Low Cal Portfolio).
- Collaborate with Cat Comm & Equipment teams to develop scalable retail solutions to commercialize strategic brand initiatives and secure priority POI's (i.e. Deli Racks, Low Cal POS). Define and quantify Sources of Growth for each initiative and link to annual Customer Planning process.
- Develop customer facing imperatives and supporting Look of Success tools (Customer selling decks, LOS floor maps, etc) to assist in commercialization/sell-in of strategic brand initiatives and key Points of Inspiration.
- Assist in the stewardship of the annual customer planning process with Sales Leads, including conducting key planning sessions (National Sales Mtg) and assisting with development of short and long term customer marketing plans to support portfolio and brand growth targets
- Collaborate with the Region Commercial Marketing and Ops teams to handoff key Annual Customer Planning deliverables for commercialization with the Region Commercial Marketing and Ops
- Collaborate with Cat Comm to develop category based selling stories for Programs and Package Launches. Ensure sales materials are tailored to relevant customer/channel orgs.
- Compile key PicOS tools (annual/trimester programming and innovation calendars, floor maps, monthly/annual LOS template) for communication to National Accounts. Establish routines to create direct feedback loop between Natl customer teams and Cat Comm to enhance program elements prior to commercialization.
- Steward the Trimester Planning Process with C/D or Local accounts, including delivery of key PicOS tools (annual/trimester programming and innovation calendars, floor maps, monthly LOS template). Provide feedback loop from customer teams back to Cat Comm to enhance program elements prior to commercialization.
- Collaborate with the Region Commercial Marketing and Ops teams to handoff key Trimester Planning Process deliverables for commercialization with the Region Commercial Marketing and Ops
- Provide strategic and commercial guidance to assist in development of RED surveys and steward RED performance to customer teams via key routines.
- Work with Sales leads and PRGM to align on key KBI's to track as part of the monthly scorecard and IPO's. Steward performance with team on a monthly basis to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Steward product/program sell-in info from customer teams upstream into Cat Comms and downstream into Regions.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Level: Graduate degree
- 6-8 years' experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Broad strategy development expertise across channel, brand, category, operations or customer
- Analytics experience - ability to draw insights and actions from data
- Planning experience; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Experience building and monitoring annual business plans
- Proven track record for delivering sustainable results
- Collaborating with marketing teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders, particularly in situations where Commercial leadership may have accountability for doing the work but may not have control over all decisions impacting the work
- Effectively communicates & builds relationships at all organizational levels
- 8-10 years' experience preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Operational and Brand experience
- NRS/NFS Sales or Shopper Marketing experience
- Strong program management experience
- Operational experience building and implementing commercialization plans
- Strong change management capabilities
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.