McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Manager, Cloud Software Engineer
You will support an Agile development teams by providing architectural / design / implementation support for a variety of new technology innovations focusing on migration to Cloud Infrastructure. You will focus on evaluating in-house development and integrating internal and AWS Services with broader enterprise services, adhering to Capital One corporate standards and processes. You will document and build consensus around critical architecture decisions and communicate architecture direction with business partners and leadership. Additionally, you will identify and manage, implement Enterprise Architecture strategic direction in cloud migration in coordination with business users' needs and direction. Ensure delivered solutions are in line with what was architected.
- Design application's technical infrastructure, such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches
- Elicit and elaborate key non-functional requirements including availability, performance,
recovery and security
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with Platform
- Perform the duties in accordance with established processes and formal agreements with the business
- Work on assigned projects to deliver the architecture artifacts in alignment with target
architectures and relevant standards recommending changes to the latter where
- Drive the technology/infrastructure non-functional requirements including: availability,
scalability, resiliency, security, etc.
- Establish relationships with various technology partners (IT Operations, Innovation, other
delivery partners, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in computer system architecture, IT project engineering, and IT infrastructure solutions design
- At least 1 year of experience in business systems analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in IT project management
- Exposure to working in an Agile / Kanban environment
- Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- Exposure to banking and financial services industry
- Deep knowledge in at least one domain like cloud architectures, digital, mobile, big data, payments, capital one enterprise capabilities and technologies etc.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.