Sr. Manager Commercial Accounting
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Commercial Bank Accounting team as a Senior Manager focusing on Commercial’s Multi-Family agency lending and Specialty Accounting portfolios (consisting of Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Equity Investments and New Market Tax Credits). The candidate will be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast paced time sensitive environment.
The Commercial Bank is a growing line of business with new products, system integrations and countless opportunities for knowledge growth. The candidate will have the opportunity to lead a team and engage with groups across the organization as part of key business projects and initiatives. The candidate will possess strong accounting knowledge with financial services, preferably banking, experience. The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to to solve problems, develop and maintain strong controls and demonstrate leadership in a constantly changing environment.
- Maintain a a well controlled environment: both systematic and manual accounting processes
- Assist in negotiating prioritization, scope, funding, and scheduling of projects and initiatives
- Provide accounting guidance, understand systems requirements and constraints and collaborate with up and - downstream partners for new projects and initiatives
- Engage in and help lead projects and initiatives with the Commercial POD ensuring the appropriate post-implementation processes/systems are in place for accurate financial reporting
- Manage relationships with Finance and key business partners, associates throughout the Controller’s group, Tax, External and Internal auditors
- Review and/or present schedules supporting recurring SEC and/or Regulatory Reporting
- Lead a team focused on identifying and creating process efficiencies
- Ensure month-end close and financial reporting processes are performed timely and accurately
- Present monthly, quarterly and other adhoc analytics for Accounting and Finance leadership
- Review and/or quality check monthly reconciliations and journal entries
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of accounting experience or at least 5 years of finance experience
- CPA certification
- 5+ years Banking experience or 5+ years of Financial Services experience
- 7+ years accounting experience or 7+ years of finance experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 1+ years of PeopleSoft application experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.