Sr. Manager, Commercial Credit Review, Leveraged Lending
The Commercial Credit Review Senior Manager is responsible for executing an independent, risk-based assurance review of assigned platforms within Capital One Bank’s commercial credit portfolio, including assessment of credit practices, effectiveness of policy implementation and risk rating accuracy. The portfolio includes credit exposures in the areas of Commercial and Industrial, Commercial Real Estate, Specialty Lending, Equipment Leasing, Municipal Finance, Small Business, Counterparty Credit and Special Assets. The Senior Manager will contribute towards the execution of the annual Credit Review operating plan and provide training, coaching and coordination of cross-functional teams within Credit Review in the process. This associate will also be responsible for building and maintaining working relationships with line of business management and key associates within Risk Management.
-Execute the Commercial Credit Review function by:
• Developing and executing a risk-based review plan for credit exposures in a line(s) of business, including individual deal sampling and testing
• Reviewing individual credit files to assess accuracy of risk rating (PD) and Loss Given Default (LGD)
• Analyzing portfolio composition to identify trends and provide opinion on portfolio quality
• Identifying credit process weaknesses
• Identifying gaps in credit policy and credit risk rating models
• Identification, aggregation and tracking of issues to resolution
• Communication of Credit Review assurance results with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating strong clear thinking and succinct delivery of message
-Report results and issues verbally and in writing to executive management and internal credit and risk senior executives.
-Work with bank regulators and external auditors to provide assurance that commercial Credit Review processes are sound.
-Build and maintain high trust relationships with senior credit risk management, senior lending associates, and regulators.
-Act as an approachable advisor to business heads and key lenders by developing continuous and effective communication channels for all stakeholders.
-Ability to provide business leadership and partnering skills to help drive the organization towards critical decisions and deliverable results.
-Ability to travel 10% of the time
-Bachelor’s degree OR Military experience
-At least 12 years of experience in credit risk management OR at least 12 years of experience in corporate credit analysis OR a Commercial Credit Review assurance role
-3+ years of experience influencing senior level executives OR regulators
-Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) OR Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
-4+ years of experience evaluating complex/structured Leveraged Lending loans in an underwriting, portfolio management or Credit Review assurance role and knowledge of regulatory guidelines involving Leveraged Corporate Finance
-2+ years of experience in a Credit Review assurance role
-2+ years of experience evaluating Commercial Banking credit risks in a regulatory role (e.g. OCC, Federal Reserve) OR equivalent formal Credit Risk training from a large national or regional bank
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new candidate for employment authorization for this position.