About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Do you want to join a dynamic, high energy team working on the most critical projects from drug development through commercial? An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the company Consulting & Execution (PCE), an internal management consulting group that is within the Strategy, Portfolio and Commercial Operations (SPCO) division. Internal consultants within the team are expected to challenge the status quo and navigate highly complex issues to drive business impact. The team has enabled many PCE alumni to further their careers in key roles within the company Business Units and Functions. However none of this would be possible if not for disciplined internal operations to ensure the team runs smoothly, that we rigorously prioritize and manage our project pipeline, strategically staff projects to ensure project success while developing colleagues, drive the development of the PCE Strat Plan and Operating Plan, plan our bi-annual high-impact All-Hand's meetings, drive our internal initiatives and recruit the best talent for the team. All this while adding to our work hard-play hard high-energy team!
To be successful in the role, the Sr. Manager PCE operations will have to be highly proactive and observant to notice what needs to be improved and when to do it. It will be important that the person has high learning agility, have strong attention to detail, work collaboratively and be able to influence and be great at building and maintaining relationships. The actual responsibilities will shift with the needs of the group. However it is expected the that primary responsibilities will include:
• Managing and tracking our project pipeline including driving our strategic prioritization process
• Framing and robust discussions amongst PCE LT members that lead to strategic staffing decisions which ensure the right skills for the project while simultaneously creating development opportunities for our colleagues
• Manage the recruiting process which includes developing relationships with HR Talent Acquisition, HR University Recruiting, business school healthcare clubs, and ensuring the PCE brand is prevalent at our key schools.
• Developing the PCE Operating Plan
• Driving the bi-annual PCE All-Hands meetings, ensuring high-impact content and driving the training agenda including working with and negotiating with external vendors.
• Managing all PCE operations including our knowledge management database, onboarding process, relationships with our partner contractor firms, maintaining the PCE balanced scorecard and owning the actions in areas that need mitigation, driving our internal initiatives including colleague engagement initiatives such as the PCE Global Cup.
• Working across SPCO for divisional needs
It is highly desirable that the colleague have a demonstrated understanding of the business and highly preferable that they have prior consulting experience.
• Undergraduate degree required; MBA degree strongly preferred.
• 3-8 years experience in-house at a pharmaceutical firm.
• 2-4 years operational consulting experience, either internally or at a large external consulting firm.
• Commercial experience (sales, marketing, commercial operations, etc.) preferred
• Demonstrated strength in managing multiple projects and/or programs (i.e., collection of sub-projects) and business analysis.
• Extensive experience with aligning stakeholders, facilitating conflict, and communicating information in a way that enables leaders to have transparency on the underlying issues and potential solutions in varying settings including workshops, small group sessions or one-on-one meetings.
• Able to interact, partner and provide thought leadership for key stakeholders with comfort and ease.
• Experience managing projects within matrixed organizations .
• Strong business sense
• Strong oral and written communications capabilities and presentation and facilitation skills
• Strong interpersonal and influencing capabilities
• Basic understanding of finance
• Experience with operations consulting methodologies and frameworks
• Experience with business process creation or re-engineering and change management
• Fluent with Microsoft Office and Sharepoint
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.