The Senior Manager role will act as a strategic partner to our global marketing & category leadership teams, providing insight-driven thought leadership on how to build and grow our brands, enabling them to cut through in a highly competitive & fragmented media environment.
This role will be responsible for brand planning across some of our key global beverages brands, leveraging insight to drive the development of groundbreaking positioning, communication & engagement programs as well as support the creation of new visual identity systems and innovation strategy.
In addition to in-depth experience of brand planning, candidates will be expected to exhibit two specific skills: an instinctual understanding of how to build brands in a digital-first, multi-platform marketing environment; and experience of pioneering new approaches to insight, such as social listening, implicit methodologies, online qualitative etc.
The successful candidate will be a "decision change agent" who is adept at driving insights into the business, able to advocate for their recommendations and successfully influence critical business decisions.
- Responsible for driving the global insights agenda for some of our biggest global beverage brands
- Partnering closely with the marketing & content center teams, responsible for leading global brand planning for these brands, driving the development of insights-driven brand strategy, brand positioning, brand architecture and communication/engagement programs
- Partner closely with marketing to validate & evaluate the performance of our global brand marketing campaigns across key metrics: copy quality, consumer engagement, brand impact, sales impact/ROI
- Partner with design & innovation teams to develop & validate new insight-driven visual identity systems and innovation pipelines for the brands
- Drive thought leadership on brand planning within the wider global insights & marketing community, helping to advance the way that PepsiCo approaches brand strategy, brand positioning, brand architecture and communications planning
- Partner with our global insights community to pioneer new approaches to insight that help us get under the surface of consumer behavior, go further faster and/or tap into new sources of insight
- Build strong, two-way relationships with marketing & insight leads in each region, ensuring a truly collaborative approach to working together
- Effectively and efficiently manage a multimillion dollar insight budget, delivering strong ROI
- Minimum 6-8 years in a strategic insights/planning role
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree. Advanced Degree preferred
- Ability to speak a foreign language preferred, but not required
- A decision change agent, able to identify the key decisions that will drive growth, advocate for their recommendations and effectively influence senior management
- A deep empathy for consumers and a passion for understanding the role brands play in people's lives
- An analytical mindset, with a passion for deconstructing and reframing questions and an ability to distill disparate datasets into clear & meaningful recommendations
- An out-of-the-box thinker, able to think creatively, imaginatively and holistically
- A team player, who thrives on working collaboratively, inspiring others and bringing out the best in the wider team
- A clear communicator, able to deliver finding in an engaging, fresh and impactful manner, cutting through the complex to tell a simple, compelling narrative
- An effective networker, who is able to build strong relationships with global counterparts
- A deep understanding of how to turn insights into action and impact the commercial agenda
Not Eligible for Relocation