Sr. Manager - Content Excellence
The Senior Manager - Content Excellence
is an experienced Content expert who leads a team of 4 Content mangers across Brand Campaigns and Always On content needs. He/She reports directly to the Vice President Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) to drive and execute the overall content strategy for TCCC in Canada, across all consumer channels - both established and emerging - and Company-owned brands. The role is also responsible for working directly with the Connections and Visual design leads in Canada in allocating resources, agencies, and talent to deliver the best content in the right channels to drive further consumer relevancy and purpose for our brands.
This role also includes the management of content and experience stakeholders from multiple lines of business; oversight of creative and content agency partners; and collaboration with marketing teams in key Coca-Cola markets in Canada develop a cohesive content experience for our brands, including mobile-first digital content.
As a key leader within the IMC team, this role with cultivate the talent, resources, and partners needed to meet the content needs of the Coca-Cola organization in Canada for the future and now. A true leader, this individual will leverage existing and new industry relationships to find the best content creative and production solutions to the Canadian portfolio's needs, and establish the routines and standards for these partnerships.
Additionally, this leader will oversee the development of a Canadian Social Centre approach, and coach the Social Centre Manager to operationalize a centralized, always-on social media engine.
The ideal candidate is a motivated leader that can inspire others; he/she respects his/her commitments and is able to obtain optimal results from internal and external teams through respect and development.
This role will manage content development within the IMC Marketing Factory process for all TCCC brands, with a focus on developing/executing brilliant consumer-focused content in all channels, with particular focus and expertise on evolving our strategy on mobile/digital and search, and achieving creative excellence within all consumer channels.
The role includes leading agency management, creative development, creative approvals, cross-functional teams and collaboration with key internal partners, both within the IMC team (like Connections and Design) and within the broader organization (like Customer and Shopper Marketing). The priority skill required for this function is a proven ability to build and lead a team of creative individuals, and to cultivate a culture of brilliant results and creative excellence. Additional key skills needed include strategic thinking, agency management, project management, planning and organization, working within a team, and creative/strategic acumen. Creative agency experience preferred. Key Responsibilities
- Strengthen Coca-Cola marketing team's content capability through the development and management of strong relationships with key business and marketing leaders and stakeholders across the company. Educate marketing teams on the power of best-in-class content to drive their business goals
- Team leadership: Direct supervisory responsibility of four direct reports. Includes hiring, objectives setting and performance review, training & development, promotions & terminations. Indirect supervisory responsibility of a broad network of agencies & working in collaboration with brand business units. Create a creative and results-oriented team culture.
- Lead the content specialists in the IMC team to define and deliver breakthrough content strategy and execution that drives intent and brand love with creativity and thoughtful consumer insights. This role is responsible for leading brilliant creative development and execution, as part of the IMC Marketing Factory process, for the Canadian brand portfolio teams across all consumer touch-points, including but not limited to:
- Broadcast TV/Film/Radio
- OOH (partnering with Visual Design)
- Assets and Experiential (Partnering with Activation & Experiential)
- Mobile/Digital/Search and eCommerce
- CRM and Direct Response Digital
- Manage multiple projects, agencies and partners to concept, develop and execute creative that is relevant to each brand's positioning, purpose, and consumer insight.
- Interpret creative analytics and data across both traditional channels (LINK, Trackers) and digital (Google Analytics, Facebook, web metrics) to create a virtuous cycle of insight and creative optimization.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Working with the Connections team, provides leadership in the development of new through-the-line content ideas for all brands. Collaborate with multiple cross-functional departments including Connections, Brand Management, and Customer Marketing to plan, develop and execute fully integrated and strategic marketing campaigns.
- Lead the development of amazing creative briefs: Develop specific creative briefs for partner agencies that clearly articulate consumer insight, communication objectives, and success criteria in order to inform and inspire agency and partner creative development.
- Manage Efficiency: works with Procurement and Finance to manage agency fees, production budgets and rigid IMC timeline management to ensure timely implementation.
- Inspire Possibility: Cultivate new content creation models, channels, and creative standards throughout the marketing team and the IMC process.
- 8 or more years of marketing/advertising experience in a client-side or agency role with experience in traditional and non-traditional content development, off-line and online media including TV, print, radio, outdoor, online and mobile. Our ideal candidate will have experience working directly with TV, Content and production companies in the past.
- Experience in IMC planning and process across owned, earned, shared and paid connections
- Strategic thinking, agency management, creative concept evaluation, project management, planning and organization, working within a team, creative/strategic acumen, relationship building, collaboration, proactivity, a results focus, proven ability to manage to key business indicators
- Understanding Canadian consumer trends, insights, passion points and media content consumption behaviors, as well as the ability to identify implications for business to capture new consumer opportunities
- Inspiring Brief Development: Ability to work with Brand Management, Connections, and Agency partners to develop clear, insightful, and inspiring briefs that result in brilliant ideas.
- Creative Concept Evaluation: Ability to evaluate creative concepts and executions based on ability to break-through, be ownable, and achieve communication objectives.
- Agency Management: Knowledge of methods or techniques used and ability to inspire agency performance.
- Strategic Selling: Ability to listen to various points of input, and sell a vision of the work through knowledge of brand and creative strategy.
- A proven ability to think clearly in a deadline-driven environment, solve problems and scope and prioritize business requirements
- Proven experience developing and inspiring others: Can build and maintain relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Can develop others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles
University / Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business Competencies - Leader of Others
- Develop Self and Others
- Act like an Owner
- Collaborate with System, Customer and Stakeholders
- Drive Innovation
- Inspire Others
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request. Should you require an accommodation, please contact our KO HR team by calling 1-877-677-6774.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At Coca-Cola Ltd. (Canada) you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Relocation costs are not provided for this job, by submitting their profile and resume, candidates understand and acknowledge that The Coca-Cola Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
Back to top