Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Do you crave technical challenges at scale and love working on a fast-paced team?
We are seeking an experienced Manager for our core customer service backend platform
- Accountable for the performance, availability and overall quality of platform services that is a critical middleware in our technology stack
- Define and execute a multi-year strategy for portfolio of platform services
- Be a driver for product evolution by adapting to newer and relevant technology that add value to business and customers
- Manage the performance and career development of a global team of engineers and product managers and own significant parts of customer service product that require discovery, design, architecture and coding.
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers and product managers with a strong bias for execution.
- Work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack.
- Manage teams to scale distributed systems, leverage best practices, review code and deliver with speed and quality
- Laser focus on product quality by encouraging and facilitating process improvements to improve quality at every phase of the PDLC
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ year’s experience in software engineering and product management
- Experience in software discovery, design, development and testing
- Programming experience in Java
- Experience delivering highly available, reliable and secure eCommerce APIs (RESTful, Microservices) and backend services for enterprise customer service operations
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering and product management talent globally in different regions
- Strong management skills for planning and executing complex multi-team projects
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.