Sr. Manager of Design and Visual Identity Systems
The Sr. Manager Design and Visual Identity Systems
leads a team of Pack Design and Graphics specialists who handle the graphics, design development (static visual, off- and on-pack design), design assets as well as the pack artwork development processes with our bottling partner in Canada:
- The role is designed to define and develop Graphic Design standards, processes and distribution routines in Canada.
- The Sr. Manager Design and Visual Identity Systems leads the graphics, design and pack artwork development processes in close collaboration with Brand, Scientific and Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Commercial and Franchise Marketing as well as with the bottling partner where appropriate.
- The Sr. Manager Design and Visual Identity Systems ensures that derived from the Business Brief, and co-partnered with other IMC and Brand teams in a joint effort, the design specialists act as project leaders for the Visual and Graphic Design process as part of amplifying and visualizing a Core Creative / Liquid Idea across all required connection points for consumer, shopper, customer alike.
- The Sr. Manager Design and Visual Identity Systems manages the visual content platforms that drive consistency across the system: Kwikee, DMX, Design Machine
- The role is designed to uphold best in class design principles and distribution systems to ensure consistent use of visual identity systems across the Canadian system.
- Define, develop and implement Visual Identity & Design principles and thought leadership for The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC) brands
- Lead the amplification of Core Creative / Liquid Ideas turned into relevant visual interpretations across multiple consumer, shopper, customer connections, on- and off-pack.
- Own the creative design process in partnership with the Brand teams and close collaboration with IMC content functions, write the briefs for Graphics Design development.
- Contribute to thought-leadership and understanding of consumer and Design trends through best practice-sharing (importing and exporting of great ideas) in order to accelerate our ability to connect with consumers through packaging and visual identity, resulting in more effective and better quality design and graphics & Label process.
- Support the digital transformation of our business (e.g. digital on pack ideas)
- Work in close collaboration with Canada Brand Marketing and IMC team, and other relevant stakeholders, following the Marketing Factory process and RAPID.
- Apply best in class design principles for both Canadian ground-up and global adapt projects to create the most relevant visual interpretation/graphic design to be implemented in the Canadian market
- Ensure that all Visual and Graphic Design is locally resonant and consistent across all relevant Canadian regions and languages (ie Quebec).
- Sit on weekly MAP approval routine with IMC, SRA, Legal, and Public Affairs and Communications to review content from a visual design perspective.
- Establish a strong Design and Visual Identity Systems team in Canada
- Lead, coach and develop a team of Packaging Design and Design specialists in Canada with a focus on brilliant and consistent execution of visual systems in market.
- Identify and retain great talent, support and conduct people management
- Build capabilities across the Canadian Design team, to expand and influence the TCCC system in designing, formulating and bringing to life Visual Identity and Graphics Design principles.
- Leading, challenging and coaching of Design Agencies for better synergies and productivity.
- Identify and scale best-in-class design agency management routines.
- Apply and streamline design agency management routines and principles in Canada as well as establish agency remuneration principles according to Global Agency Management standards, in joint collaboration with Canada/ NA Finance, Marketing Procurement and Global Agency Management support.
- Drive productivity of Design agency roster in Canada.
- Manage visual content platforms that drive consistency across the system:
- Including Consumer, Customer Marketing, Shopper Marketing, and Field Marketing: Kwikee, DMX, Design Machine
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request. Should you require an accommodation, please contact our KO HR team by calling 1-877-677-6774.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the field of communications, advertising and design with a focus on graphic design and packaging.
- Strong project management (Process Management) and creative skills
- Industry-respected in the area of design and packaging development. Solid grasp of consumer marketing and marketing communications.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a de-centralized organization as well as external partners.
- Strong strategic know-how, ability to translate strategic objectives into action plans.
- Experience and resilience to work in a fast paced environment, yet bringing attention to detail and ability to understand macro business challenges and propose marketing solutions that excite our consumers and build brand love and brand value, while supporting and contributing to our digital business transformation.
- Bilingualism (French and English) preferred
- College or University Certificate with focus on Graphic Design
Competencies - Leader of Others
- Develop Self and Others
- Act like an Owner
- Collaborate with System, Customer and Stakeholders
- Drive Innovation
- Inspire Others
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At Coca-Cola Ltd. (Canada) you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Relocation costs are not provided for this job, by submitting their profile and resume, candidates understand and acknowledge that The Coca-Cola Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate
Back to top