Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.Mobile Endpoint Protection Engineering
The work we do helps protect and manage information so that everyone is free to focus on achieving their goals. Join us and make a difference in today's connected world.Description:
The Sr Manager of Development of the Mobile Endpoint Protection team will be responsible for overseeing the development activities of engineers delivering products in the mobile endpoint portfolio. This will include major and minor releases of flagship and adjacent apps used by millions of users around the world in consumer, OEM, carrier partner, small business, and enterprise contexts.
This leader will manage a team that collaboratively works with internal and external cross-functional groups to deliver the best solutions to meet the business and strategic objectives for the Mobile Endpoint Protection Team.
- Lead, develop, manage, and grow an engineering team of 10 agile engineers on the Mobile Endpoint Protection team in Culver City
- Manage individual contributors
- Fill the role of Product Owner for some projects
- Be the primary point of contact for internal teams for all escalations
- Continuously monitor the pulse of in-field offerings, anticipate and proactively respond to product problems
- Ensure that engineering projects are defined, scheduled, and executed in a clear and timely manner
- Identify training, research, prototyping needs and drive team trainings
- Drive creation of risk focused release/project delivery strategy across functions in adherence with agile philosophy/principles
- Lead and set an example on technical decision making, design & solution reviews with a strong perspective on customer needs.
- Anticipate & identify project risks, create effective risk mitigation strategies and plans
- Identify operational/execution inefficiencies and drive resolution and efficiencies in development team execution towards delivering high quality, predictable and timely releases
- Hire strong technical talent, mentor, guide and grow teams
- Represent the engineering team internally and externally
- Participate with other senior managers in the strategic direction of our product line
- Ensure budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- 2+ years Android experience
- 6-8+ years related experience leading engineering teams
- Proven project management skills; ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects.
- Proven communications skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management.
- Ability to define areas lacking in process and implementing structure where necessary
- Experience working in and managing Agile engineering teams
- Experience in leading teams in customer focused end to end solution design & delivery with complete responsibility on product releases/projects
- Strong people management, mentoring and leadership skill
- Experience in working in global teams
- Entrepreneurial attitude at setting up and ramping up new teams and project delivery using agile and lean philosophy
- Must be highly organized, creative, influential, and charismatic.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
- (Good to have) Experience in the security domain
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.