Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary Plan, direct, oversee and execute Waste Management's Acquisition Marketing Strategy consistent with strategic business objectives. Work directly with Director of Marketing and key senior corporate and group leaders to provide leadership and expertise for WM short and long-term e-commerce and acquisition initiatives.
Provide leadership, champion digital innovation and direct multi-functional teams in the implementation of best practices to create a world-class customer acquisition practice that drives revenue on- and off-line, builds brand equity and increases customer loyalty.
Functional areas of responsibility include: e-commerce, online lead generation, content management, interactive B2B and C2B marketing, search engine marketing and optimization, budget management and reporting, marketing analytics, contract management, managing outside vendors and agencies to develop and implement acquisition initiatives.
II. Duties and Responsibilities Digital Media Management
- Drive online customer acquisition through management and optimization of Google and Bing paid search accounts and identifying additional digital channels to profitably grow WM.com sales. Extensive experience with Google Adwords, Bing Adcenter and Adobe Analytics (Omniture) would be required and experience using Marchex (or other call analytics platform) and Adobe Target (or other A/B testing platform) would be preferred.
Performance Media Planning
-Buildout full media mix model to support company acquisition and growth efforts. Includes online and offline tactics to drive customer action.
- Drive customer acquisition by utilizing 3 rd party firmagraphic data to develop and execute a prospect email / outbound marketing strategy, and improve customer retention by developing and executing a customer communication strategy with a focus of reducing churn. Extensive experience using Pardot and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud would be required and experience with Dun & Bradstreet data solutions, Adobe Analytics (Omniture) and writing HTML preferred.
- Provide insights into online prospect and customer behavior to drive improvement in online sales conversion rates through A/B testing and conversion funnel optimization and identifying opportunities to use WM.com to improve various other business objectives (call diversion, DSO, customer retention, etc.). Create dashboards to communicate results to management and perform ad hoc analyses as needed. Extensive experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) and Target (or other A/B testing software) would be required and experience writing HTML and SQL preferred.
- Understanding of basic principles of SEO in order to collaborate with SEO manager and align efforts. III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing/supervising advertising agencies, internal creative resources on a project bases, contract analytics support.
- Building out team and resource needs as growth dictates.
IV. Qualifications A. Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferable in Marketing, Information Technology, Business Administration or Finance.
- Five or more years' experience in e-Commerce marketing.
- Master's Degree, or equivalent experience, in Marketing or similar area of study
- 7 or more years leading or playing a lead role within the e-Commerce marketing function in an integrated multi-channel marketing and database environment
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Experience with digital media planning, buying, optimization and tracking (Omniture and Google Analytics Tracking Experience Preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to increase conversion rates and acquire new customers by utilizing tools such as search engine optimization, search engine marketing, email marketing or other new marketing vehicles.
- Expertise in landing page design, development, and deployment, online marketing strategy, and search engine optimization, including best practices.
- Strong understanding of analytics with the ability to recognize cause-and-effect relationships and business opportunities.
- Strong relationship management skills, including proven ability to work successfully with outside agencies and vendors.
- Demonstrated leadership experience influencing the decision making of diverse, high level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experienced in partnering with IT organization to create efficiency and best in class operation processes.
- Creative, collaborative and consultative, and able to work well across a large organization to build a scalable digital experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills (able to create and deliver presentations to senior management).
- Proactive, well organized self-starter with strong project management skills.
- The ability to think and act creatively and to come up with novel, innovative approaches to solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as evidenced by success in persuading and influencing others without formal authority.
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage for results.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."