Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Sr. Manager, EHS&S Capability Building in New Brunswick, NJ or any J&J site.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
- The person in this role is charged to increase EHS&S capabilities (technical & leadership) both within our EHS&S community and within the non-EHS&S community – which includes but is not limited to: front line leaders, plant/general managers, IOSS partners and partners from the commercial side of J&J.
- When successfully executed, IOSS maturity will be deep in our culture and embedded in the way we operate as demonstrated by more accountability for EHS&S performance & outcomes.
- EHS&S professionals will develop into subject matter experts and have the skills/abilities they need to be successful partners back to their businesses.
- The Sr. Manager, EHS&S Capability Building will work with EHS&S and business leaders in all parts of the company and in all cultures.
- S/he particularly collaborates with the VP EHS, the Sr. Director Workforce H&S Excellence, J&J’s Learning Management team and EHS&S Regional/Campus Leaders to understand needs and increase capability development.
- Develop and execute a global capability-building strategy (with appropriate governance) for the EHS&S community that supports the organization’s future capability needs, goals and compliance commitments.
- Develop and execute a global capability-building strategy (with appropriate governance) for business leaders – PM/GMs and front-line leaders in particular.
- Contribute to the EHS capability building strategy for External Supply.
- Develop, acquire or advise on training strategies & content that support global EHS&S change initiatives.
- Refresh, and maintain the EHS&S competency tools and align with Supply Chain competency models/approaches. Drive the integration of competency assessment into development planning.
- Expand tools to successfully monitor global capability and needs. This includes metrics.
- Serve as knowledge expert and champion within EHS&S for new & creative training approaches and platforms. Where needed, strengthen governance systems around training (e.g., Standards, metrics)
- Own, cultivate & enhance the SUMMIT e-learning platform for EHS&S.
- Innovate and drive new talent management approaches to building capability (e.g., job swaps, mentoring)
- University/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Generally, requires 8 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of J&J training requirements, current maturity and challenges is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing engaging and effective training initiatives and in shaping impactful, ‘sticky’ content for various audiences is required.
- Able to convey complex topics in an accessible way is required.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural differences that must be considered when developing capabilities across the global enterprise is required.
- Able to creatively address that while still being efficient is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work across all levels of the organization is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel globally; not to exceed 30% of the time is required.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)Job Function
Environmental Health & SafetyRequisition ID