FN21013 FP&A Analyst 2.docx Sr. Manager, Employment Tax
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced world-class finance professional to be our Sr. manager of Employment Tax. In this role the right candidate will have responsibility for tax issues relating to expats and mobility, compensation and benefits, stock options and other forms of equity compensation. In addition the role will support project implementation for key payroll and stock administration priorities and will play a key part in leading our employment tax audits.
This role reports to Sr. director of global payroll operations and employment tax and will interacts with payroll, HR, tax, legal, treasury, FP&A, internal audit and business applications. Responsibilities
- Manage and review/research on tax and payroll implications of all stock schemes, including Stock Options, ESPP and RSUs.
- Coordinate advice on changes in Global stock option tax legislation resulting in new opportunities or adverse tax implications
- Advice on stock related tax issues for acquisitions
- Responsibility for expat tax program, working closely with the Global Mobility group
- Advise on and improve processes to ensure all tax and social security implications of cross-border moves are considered and planned appropriately
- In house resource for expat tax related issues on a world-wide basis
- Provide support in managing withholding tax and social tax compliance from a payroll perspective including end of year reporting requirements and updates of agreements with tax authorities.
- Advice on tax implications of new benefits or changes to existing benefits.
- Liaise with regional tax departments on the management of payroll tax audits and negotiation of settlements/mitigation of interest and penalties arising as a result of such audits.
- Provide tax support for payroll, share based compensation, global mobility and other benefit in kind issues.
- Support an employee-centric culture in the organization with highly collaborative relationships across Linkedins key global and regional stakeholders
- Enable global mobility programs to meet our global expansion plans and long term career and leadership development programs
- Identify and implement ongoing efficiency opportunities in end-to-end business processes
- Build and maintain a relationship with key stakeholders both within Finance and the business operations and continuously optimize service delivery and leadership model
- Partner with finance, tax, HR Benefits organization, Shared Services implement the roadmap for global employee compensation accounting operations and provide support for existing and future global mobility programs
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting or related discipline
- 10+ years of Corporate or Employment tax and/or accounting experience in payroll, stock compensation and Global Mobility
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience.
- Good understanding of Finance, Tax, Accounting, HR and Operations/Customer Service --- understanding of shared services within the context of the broader business enterprise
- Experience with one or more of the following processes:
- Accounting and Taxation of Employee Fringe benefits programs
- Global Mobility and Business Travelers programs
- Travel and Expense Reimbursement accounting, audit and reporting activities
- Other integrated employee services programs
- Ability to act operationally and ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies.
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.