The Senior Manager, Federal Government Relations role will oversee and advance a portfolio of issues in Congress and at the regulatory agencies. The Senior Manager will also track legislation and update internal business partner to develop position and priorities. Will also focus on grassroots efforts to further legislative goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25% - Manage The Home Depot legislative agenda before Congress to create shareholder value.
- 25% - Track legislation and regularly update internal business partners to develop position and priorities.
- 20% - Communicate company priorities to elected officials and staff and work with committees to proactively advance legislation.
- 10% - Manage, recommend, and leverage political contributions for The Home Depot's PAC (currently the 10th largest corporate PAC), and assist in political and PAC fundraising,
- 10% - Develop and implement grassroots and grasstops strategies to further legislative goals.
- 10% - Manage and develop consultants, retails associations, and coalition partnerships.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Director, Government Relations
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 5-8 years of experience working in corporate government relations or Capitol Hill office.
- Proven track record of legislative success
- Experience in labor, transportation (rails, trucks, shipping), ports, healthcare and product safety policy
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent presentation skills; the ability to synthesize complex issues into management parts
- Experience speaking with the media on complex issues
- Understanding of commercial real estate and zoning process a plus
- Experience working with elected officials and their staffs
- Must also have experience running grassroots coalitions and campaigns
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!