Leads global competitive Intelligence efforts in support of specialty pharma segments, specifically CNS / Oncology area and is responsible for providing evidence-based, strategic and tactical guidance through actionable deliverables. Responsible for discovery, consolidation and communication of key commercial scientific trends, opportunities, threats and implications related to Takeda's external environment and providing clear guidance across broad and varied stakeholder levels. Functional responsibilities include directing, overseeing, and conducting analyses of competitor trials, market impact, landscape trends, launch timelines and other external issues as directed and set by senior leadership. Makes recommendations to leadership teams charged with setting commercial & clinical strategy. Enhances company marketplace position by leveraging knowledge gained about competitors and competitive environment; develops innovative solutions to complex, unstructured problems, while providing high-quality, consultative support in fulfilling the objectives of the Sr.Director, team, and Global Stakeholders ACCOUNTABILITIES /DUTIES:
- COLLABORATION & COMMUNICATION: Develop and sustain working relationships with key stakeholders. Builds diverse internal and external network for primary intelligence gathering and cross-validation. Oversee development of presentations with clear storylines to communicate key conclusions and recommendations to Sr. Leadership.
- COMPETITIVE INSIGHT LEADERSHIP: Conducts special projects and adhoc requests as identified by leadership and in conjunction with current and anticipated business priorities. Drives and directs assimilation of competitive intelligence to ensure that marketing, clinical and business decision-making is supported by timely, accurate and cost-effective data and analysis. Viewed as a functional expert in this field by internal and external stakeholders.
- COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE LEADERSHIP: Drives development of holistic, predictive landscape assessments and oversees other ad hoc analyses to: proactively address issues in support of company objectives, mitigate decision risk, drive action plan development and ultimately improve commercial and clinical planning. Ensure self and team effectively analyzes and triangulates disparate and often incomplete information, determines significance, assesses implications, provides analyses and communicates data to key stakeholders with recommended actions and potential counter measures as appropriate; Ensures rigorous assessment of the accuracy, validity and reliability of gathered information. Ensure intelligence actions and efforts are aligned and integrated into global planning process. Ensure self and team follows protocols and policies for the collection, assessment, classification, storage, and dissemination of competitive information in accordance with SCIP and Takeda's SOP. Propose recommendations for continuous improvement. Maintains high level of awareness of developments in the relevant scientific and commercial world, as well as developing skills and techniques in spirit of best-in-class CI leadership. Leads and provides actionable recommendations based on analysis of internal and external business issues and environmental factors. Careful assessment of available data and determination of knowledge gaps. Translating data into trends with estimated business impact; translates challenges into research briefings and analysis. Manage all related global information with key departments and effectively coordinate with cross functional stakeholders. Oversee the creation and maintenance of CI tracking systems, repositories and infrastructure to help efficiently facilitate knowledge management across internal stakeholders.
- LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT: Champions the Triple Bottom Line in Competitive Intelligence and internal strategy consulting. Develops innovative solutions to unstructured, complex problems; recommendations have significant impact on company (time, people, budget) resources and may affect ability to achieve company goals. Pro-actively look for process improvement opportunities by challenging existing processes, proposing solutions, driving approved implementation plan to advance team capabilities, improve internal efficiencies and drive toward continued best-in-class functional leadership.
- Utilizing systematic processes to gather and distill compelling, actionable competitive insights that are relevant to the business needs of specialty pharma areas such as CNS / Oncology therapeutic areas.
- Building and delivering assessments on competitor pipeline products and estimated impact on potential launch timing.
- Building and maintaining select competitor product profiles (to support market assessment of competitive Takeda projects).
- Providing context and objective analysis of competitive (commercial, clinical, and scientific) information to enable actions and business decision-making (for both internal Takeda projects as well as assessment of potential licensing or acquisition activities)
- Providing conference coverage and analytic support of emerging clinical and market data.
- Proactively identifying areas for further competitive or market investigation and assist commercial team members in the creation of related market research studies.
- Evaluating and making recommendations on CI tools, processes, and services such as information dashboards, submission capturing and standardized reporting as requested by the head of the functional area.
- Communicating key competitive information to teams and Executives throughout the organization through oral and written communication
- Work on innovative programs to increase the value of Competitive Intelligence to Takeda.
- Following pre-defined standards to ensure legal and ethical approaches to CI, protecting business interests and confidentiality.
- In select situations, work with functional leaders in Market Research and/or Forecasting to carry out projects in these areas, and participate in the formulation of product/franchise strategies based on data and insights derived from CI, market research, and forecasting analyses.
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: Education and Experience:
- Manage third party agencies/projects to source relevant CI
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, including 5+ years of market research, strategic/statistical analysis, financial forecasting and planning experience.
- Commercial and scientific aptitude for the understanding of the priority and relevance of various intelligence questions to our business.
- History of independence in researching, formulating, and delivering CI assessments (including basic information as well as strategic insights based on that information).
- Deep experience in use of online data sources and scientific/market databases (e.g., Pubmed, clinicaltrials.gov, TrialTrove, Evaluate Pharma , etc.)
- Strong relationship management skills with internal stakeholders and external contacts and resources.
- Evidence of achievement while working on cross-functional teams in a biopharmaceutical setting.
- Proven ability to present at and facilitate small-group and large-group meetings (with peers as well as superiors) to achieve pre-defined objectives.
- History of effective written communication skills (including both PowerPoint and Word/email mediums).
- Excellent task management skills (specifically project planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution) are required.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required, preferably in a science discipline. Advanced degree (MBA/ PhD) preferred
- Competitive Intelligence certifications preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to influence people and facilitate cooperation of internal and external partners for both intelligence, acquisition and recommendation acceptance
- Ability to structure and present qualitative data in a compelling and convincing fashion
- Ability to structure and present qualitative data in a compelling and convincing fashion; strong writing, presentation, and project management skills
- Analytical and strategic thinking - able to see the big picture from scattered pieces of information; Ability to collect and synthesize complex information, making it relevant, understandable and actionable for key stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Expert level understanding of the intelligence cycle, especially collection, assessment, and management of primary data required.
- Prior Managerial Experience required
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. Schedule
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Up to 30% international travel
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.