The Sr. Manager. HR Analytics & Reporting is responsible for working with HR to develop and oversee a strategy that will enable HR to optimize its business operations and technology solutions through data so that the enterprise continues to drive efficiency, effectiveness and data-driven decision making. Function is responsible for understanding the intersection of people, processes and technologies in order to develop robust data analytics capabilities within HR to support The Home Depot’s strategic and operational objectives. The function works jointly with the multiple HR Centers of Excellence and the Field HR Business Partner teams to deliver people analytics capabilities, business improvement and reporting solutions that support the achievement of business goals. Function provides the thought leadership that enables HR to measure progress against their priorities.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for leading the creation of the HR analytics and reporting strategy needed for The Home Depot that drives efficiency, effectiveness and data-driven decision making.
- Collaborate with HR leaders and with The Home Depot IT resources on the development of the HR analytics and reporting strategy and lead the execution of the roadmap.
- Partner with the HR leaders to lead the on-going process to enhance our HR data management strategy so that we can build greater people analytics capabilities in the future to better support/inform our business.
- Partner with HR leaders to define critical data requirements, metrics and reporting frequencies that enables HR to effectively analyze trends, predict future trends and assists the business in making decisions that supports the execution of HR’s business goals.
- Partner with the business to define the ongoing governance processes necessary to ensure data accuracy and on-going operational excellence across HR technologies, reporting solutions and related business processes.
- Lead a team of 14 associates responsible for preparation and delivery of HR analytics, business-focused dashboards, database development and reporting in order to provide consistent and reliable information to the business.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Position Reports to Director HR Analytics & Reporting
- Number of Direct Reports: 3
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to interact well with individuals at all levels of management, internal and external.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to deliver on initiatives using resources across all organizational levels, cultures and regions.
- Experience with multiple HR systems data across many platforms
- Experience with Microstrategy, Tableau, and database development
- Knowledge of the business of HR
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills in conjunction with the ability to prioritize special tasks.
- Experience in creating complex reports, dashboards, databases and creating/tracking effective metrics.
- Clear and effective oral and written communications in both technical and non-technical formats.
- Strong attention to detail ensuring data integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure and drive disparate teams to meet strict deadlines on a regular basis in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to assimilate extensive data and provide actionable recommendations.
- Business acumen and sound business judgment.
- Leading projects and selling ideas.
- Strong presentation skills. The ability to present, explain and discuss results of analyses to effectively drive fact-based decision making within all levels of the organization.
- Solid communications and interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective business relationships and build consensus.
- Knowledge of HR processes and supporting systems.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues, and effectively manage risks.
- Ability to work with large dataset and summarize data into graphical or tabular forms.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!