Implements HR plans and programs to ensure the most effective utilization of human resources in assigned departments. MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Resolves general associate relations issues. Gathers information for investigations. Addresses turnover and looks for trends and problems. Identifies breaches of culture/values that impact workplace. Supports consistency in practice of SOP and employment law.
- Manages succession planning, management development and performance management in assigned area. Provides tools and facilitates meetings to ensure ongoing development (e.g., 360 degree feedback) and follow-up.
- Advises management on organization structure changes and decisions. Provides tools (climate surveys, town hall meetings, etc.) to drive cultural change.
- Provides and trains management on selection and staffing resources and tools. Raises awareness of diversity and methods to increase quality and diversity of candidate pool. May plan, coordinate and attend job fairs.
- Counsels and coaches management on business decisions related to personnel issues, leadership and management effectiveness.
- Represents HR in corporate wide initiatives. May conduct training classes on HR issues and associate orientations.
- May manage HR projects as required.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS Environment: Travel: Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
- Typically reports to a Human Resources Vice President or a Director of Human Resource..
- Generally has no direct reports but has on-going project management responsibility and may provide functional leadership to others who formally report to another manager. Senior HR Managers may have manager reports with a total staff of about five.
- Typically negotiates in a competitive or adversarial environment.
- Typically faces situations that have a variety of interpretations and require careful evaluation.
- Typically considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
- Typically requires intermittent periods of concentration and focused attention using one or more senses of low intensity and short duration.
- Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!