At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Sr. Manager, Enterprise Resiliency and Disaster Recovery
- Engage and educate leaders in IT and Business to ensure alignment of IT DR to business and IT strategies and plans
- Articulate communicator and representative of the health of the IT DR program to all stakeholders (i.e. audit, controls, CISS, IT SLT, and other senior executives)
- Oversee implementation and execution of the IT Disaster Recovery Program:
- Single point of ownership for compliance to the IT DR program across all C&I and BU-Aligned IT Teams
- Single point of contact for coordination with CISS for alignment between IT DR and CISS Business Continuity and System recovery requirements under SCP (i.e. Liaison to CISS Sr. Manager of Business Continuity Planning)
- Laser-focused on the IT DR success criteria including application architecture, documentation, test plans and methods, drill execution, BU signoff of DR exceptions, DR exception remediation, and retention of all DR testing evidence
- Ensure OPCO Business Unit Owned DR Program compliance is represented in comprehensive DR Scorecard with transparency at the Exelon level (i.e. DR status dashboard)
- C&I IFAM to ITSM CFAM Peer Group for implementation, execution, scorecard development & reporting, and continuous improvement of the Corporate IT DR Program
- Provide Oversight for High Availability and Load Balanced Infrastructure and Services to ensure and demonstrate capabilities will function as intended to meet service levels of systems and applications
- Manage DR Support Staff to assist application teams with plan documentation, drill planning and coordination, evidence collection, and status reporting
- Total Staff Managed: 3 – 10 Staff plus Consulting Arrangements
- Budget Managed: $3-10M
- Position has a high impact on company performance and can adversely or positively impact earnings per share by a combination of the performance of the products, the cost of their delivery, and enterprise risk avoidance.
- Participate in the overall leadership of Information Technology organization.
- Reports to VP, Cloud & Infrastructure Operations
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Engage, along with IT VP, with Exelon Business Units in the development of technology solutions and support of IT services and products. Partner with business clients and IT leadership in the development of a strategic technology plan and investment strategy that meets the needs of the business while leveraging standard enterprise architectures. Participate on committees that guide product strategies. Lead a team of information technology professionals responsible for providing a single point of contact with the business, understanding business processes, technology needs and requirements and translating business requirements into appropriate technology solutions. Work with business clients to justify and prioritize small to medium sized projects (those under 2 million dollars). Lead the maintenance and enhancements of applications and systems that support this business segment. Lead the execution of small to large sized IT projects maintaining top quartile on time on budget delivery. Participate in the overall leadership of Information Technology organization. Create and maintain strategic relationship with key IT vendors and manage IT vendor contracts that support this specific business segment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintain relationships with business clients, ensure business processes and requirements are identified and well understood, and participate on committees and forums that drive investment and technology strategy for the supported product portfolio. 30%
- Manage the maintenance, support, and minor enhancement of applications and systems of a product portfolio that delivers world-class performance and service. 10%
- Partner with business clients to justify and prioritize small project investments and manage the delivery and execution of small projects while ensuring top quartile levels. 20%
- Drive process improvement and lead adoption of standard Management Model processes and procedures, which deliver sustainable top quartile cost and performance levels. 30%
- Evaluate performance and provide coaching for IT personnel. Promote diversity and foster teamwork, collaboration, and a learning organization. Provide input on development and retention processes for IT employees. 5%
- Manage a budget totaling over $3-10 million annually. 5%
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering).
- Typically 10 or more years of experience in leading and managing multiple solutions teams at the manager level or higher.
- Experience and deep knowledge of the business processes. Previous hands on experience with business applications and/or the product portfolio.
- Demonstrated strategy planning and customer engagement skills and experience leading teams and people through change.
- Excellent consultative skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation. Advanced interpersonal skills, communications skills, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present and discuss complex technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding and approval
- Graduate degree in Information Systems or related discipline or MBA
- Experience in Disaster Recovery and Resilient Infrastructure Technologies
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.