Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ebay Marketplaces Strategy works on a dynamic set of projects directly in conjunction with the the CEO and senior leadership of eBay, a $10BN global Fortune 500 company. Our team is looking to add a high-energy, self-motivated leader who can partner with the businesses to deliver growth in 2017 and beyond
eBay Marketplaces Strategy team is seeking candidates for the Principal role to drive project identification, development and delivery with senior leaders of the company. This position will report to the head of Global Strategy. Salary and bonus will be commensurate with experience level. Successful candidates will excel on the following dimensions:
- Strategy development and execution: Support the development and implementation of our businesses’ visions, strategies, and long-term strategic priorities. Lead complex strategic projects and facilitate cross-functional and cross-regional teams. Perform strategic analysis and solve problems. Prepare and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Thought leadership: Develop content and topic expertise, as well as perspectives on issues important to eBay’s strategy with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Senior-level communication: Strong senior-level presence and able to command an audience and engage in constructive dialog with various levels of executives and team members.
- Market intelligence: Develop insightful market intelligence about key industry trends (technology, competitors, consumers, and so on) and educate the organization regarding their strategic implications.
- Managing through Uncertainty: Self-direct as well as manage junior resources on strategy team and across organization to deliver superior end-products/analyses/strategy in a dynamic industry and corporate environment.
- People development: Strong people motivation and development skills with a collaborate interpersonal style
- World-class strategic and analytical capabilities (quantitative and qualitative)
- Understanding of new products/technologies (in, e.g., e-commerce, payments, and mobile)
- Superior communication and influencing skills
- People motivation and development skills
- Comfort with uncertainty
- Highly collaborative – be fun, outgoing, and easy to work with!
- MBA from a top-tier school
- Experience at a strategy consulting firm or corporate strategy group preferred
- Industry experience in one or more of the following areas a plus: e-commerce, internet services, mobile, payments, retail, financial services, banking
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.