LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is looking to hire a senior level manager within the Infrastructure Operations group. This group is responsible for Global Infrastructure Engineering Operations. The team is tightly aligned with the Network SW/HW development team.
In this highly visible role, you will work closely with peer managers, SRE teams, engineering managers and directors to deploy, operate and optimize key infrastructure. You will be expected to manage and optimize a world-class network operations team designed specifically to help LinkedIn grow in scale. You will be expected to operate within an infrastructure operations and software development culture using agile methodologies. You will also be expected to measurably improve operational availability, stability and instrumentation. Responsibilities
- Improvements in the areas of networking.
- Effectively manage and resolve production escalations
- Mentor technical staff and drive programs to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Establish best-practice methodologies for network management using best practice metrics-based KPIs.
- Lead the development of innovative networking processes and procedures
- Provide leadership to manage features and requests for your network platforms from network engineering, application development, and systems engineering.
- Mentor, manage and motivate a high-performing team of senior professionals and set clear priorities to achieve department goals and KPIs.
- Manage oversight of complex operational network processes based on a combination of vendors, custom solutions, and internal resources.
- Support adoption of new technologies and tools, recommend capability improvements to network development engineering.
- Ensure that information security and risk management are embedded within the culture requiring continuous improvement to a complex set of functions to coordinate security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets.
- Assist in the development of a strategic roadmap to ensure network and infrastructure operations goals are met.
- Work closely with other departments to proactively ensure operational network improvements and capabilities are capable of handling emerging and future business requirements.
- Ensure service level targets are met, and address all service-level complaints.
- Provide subject matter expertise in interactions with partners and customers, program manage collaboration projects externally and internally.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent technical field experience.
- 5 - 10+ years leadership experience in relevant space
- Proven experience leading 24/7 global operations teams
- Experience leading world class infrastructure operations teams
- Prior experience leveraging global best practice metrics-based KPIs.
- Prior experience in driving and leading network teams
- Prior experience in a dedicated role around defining network strategic and operations planning.
- Prior experience in product-line management and working with various operations, engineering, marketing, sales departments, and executive management.
- Demonstrated consistent and steady growth in career.
- Broad experience with networking, compute and data center technology vendors.
- Great communicator and able to drive consensus across diverse/global technology teams.
- Track record in developing next-generation leaders.
- Demonstrated experience of metrics-driven management with accountability.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing teams
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- Strong understanding of network development and engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience operating visibility in a global scope web services company
- Familiarity with Juniper MX
- Experience with:
- Cisco switches
- Large IP/Clos fabrics
- Large IP/Clos fabrics
- Large/Global Backbone
- POPS Transit peering transport
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.