LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is looking to hire a senior level manager within the production engineering and operations group. The Network Software and Hardware Development group is responsible for the software development of networking switching and routing. The team will have a broad focus from developing hardware SDK, network operating system, network applications, and network controllers.
In this highly visible role, you will work closely with peer architects and engineering managers and directors to operationalize design and implementation of key infrastructure. You will be expected to build and manage a world-class software development engineering team focused on writing a network operating system designed specifically to help LinkedIn grow in scale. You will be expected to build a software development culture using agile methodologies. You will also be expected to execute a CI/CD approach to maintaining code. Responsibilities
- SDLC engineering to drive botto-ms-up improvements in the areas of networking.
- Handle production escalations related to any product and code that originates from your team.
- Mentor technical staff and drive programs to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Establish best-practice methodologies for SDLC, CI/CD, and HW/SW product management based on metrics-based KPIs.
- Lead the development of innovative networking architectures and protocols to solve scale and speed challenges specifically for LinkedIn.
- Provide leadership to manage features and requests for your network platforms from network engineering, application development, and systems engineering.
- Mentor, manage and motivate a high-performing team of senior professionals and set clear priorities to achieve department goals and KPIs.
- Manage oversight of complex network development engineering processes based on a combination of vendors, custom solutions, and internal resources.
- Support adoption of new technologies and tools, recommend capability improvements to network development engineering.
- Ensure that information security and risk management are embedded within the culture requiring continuous improvement to a complex set of functions to coordinate security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets.
- Assist in the development of a strategic roadmap to ensure network development goals are met.
- Work closely with other departments to proactively ensure network development capabilities are capable of handling emerging and future business requirements.
- Ensure service level targets are met, and address all service-level complaints.
- Provide subject matter expertise in interactions with partners and customers, program manage collaboration projects externally and internally.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent technical field
- 10+ years experience leading software development teams
- Prior experience in driving and leading network development teams
- Prior experience in a dedicated role around defining network strategic planning.
- Prior experience in product-line management and working with various engineering, marketing, sales departments, and executive management.
- Demonstrated consistent and steady growth in career.
- Broad experience with networking, compute and data center technology vendors.
- Experience with dis-aggregated technologies highly desired.
- Great communicator and able to drive consensus across diverse/global technology teams.
- Track record in developing next-generation leaders.
- Demonstrated experience of metrics-driven management with accountability.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing teams
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- Strong understanding of network development and engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills