GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
At GE Oil & Gas Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Manager - Program Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Longmont, New Orleans, Houston
This role will be responsible for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the Customer Success efforts on a global scale. By driving clear accountabilities and seamless collaboration, this role will profoundly impact Oil & Gas Digital's ability to build trust with players, innovate with disruptive software and achieve strong business results.
Central areas of focus will be to lead the Customer Success teams in creating, supporting, maintaining and optimizing the Oil & Gas Digital processes and change management activities associated with new process development. Along with the Director of Program Management, this role will partner with all service, delivery, & support team members to continuously optimize overall deliverables process that yields improved timelines and/or optimization of deliverable quality. Working closely with the Training leader, this role will also develop the training plans necessary to keep the project managers up to date with internal processes requirements and industry methodologies.
* Coordinate, establish and maintain process governance
* Support regular review of processes ensuring optimization and scalability
* Lead and define change management activities associated with new processes (including systems) in partnership with Project Management leads and cross-functional Operations teams
* Work with Manager and cross-functional teams to establish KPIs
* Work with the Reporting & Metrics staff to create reporting of the org-wide scorecard, with consistent tracking across all markets
* Monitor key KPIs and flag when the org is falling short in any given area
* Maintain cross-functional dashboard that (a) measures results and provides insights to execution effectiveness/timeliness/quality (b) provides executive visibility
* Maintain and optimize as appropriate, tools used to manage project plan tracking, reporting and approval/authorization flow including any technology ecosystem, dashboards, and project management systems
* Support the establishment of standards that create a tighter business rhythm for the Customer Success Organization to 'free up' team bandwidth to focus energy on innovation
* Support lead Project Managers in development of mechanisms that consistently share best practices
* Support all tactical cross-functional projects that relate directly to the improvement
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Project Management, or equivalent experience required.
* 5+ Years of program management process and practical experience required (may include software development and design, professional services consulting, and/or program management).
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Must be willing to travel roughly 20-40% of the time
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA / Longmont, CO / New Orleans, LA / Houston, TX
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Deep experience in developing simple, efficient processes for a set of complex activities
* PMP, Six Sigma or equivalent certification required
* Formal PMO experience and using standard PMO tools & processes.
* Strong process and analytical skills with sharp decision making abilities
* Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
* Strong methodology background and experience
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
* Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies
* Ability to influence others & lead initiatives
* Ability to coordinate & lead in a matrix organization
* Familiar with modern project management techniques and software systems
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.