The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of
the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Sr. Manager of R&D aligned to Biosense Webster located in Irwindale, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent,
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro,
Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear,
Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP),
Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and
Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of
diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders and one of the fastest-growing
businesses within Johnson & Johnson. Learn more about Biosense Webster at www.biosensewebster.com
This position will have responsibilities to support a high profile next
generation product development program. This position
will work as an R&D Liaison to work
closely with PM, Manufacturing, and Global Supply Chain to help the
release of product, processes, materials, and manufacturing documents through
- Partner with Product Management (PM), Global
Supply Chain, and Manufacturing in setting overall process and production goals
in conjunction with cross functional teams.
- Align short and long term manufacturing
strategy, Drive key global business processes to ensure target yields, COGS and
on-time delivery of components for highly efficient manufacturing processes.
- Develop, communicate and align manufacturing
plans in accordance with Design to Value and Design for manufacturing
principles across R&D Business leader, PM Manager, Design leader, and Core
- Identify, onboard and support the right talent
to achieve product launch on-time.
- With the R&D Program Manager, create
engineering team that aligns with R&D and Operations teams to complete
any and all process and material related issues through completion.
- Help plan, organize, manage, and control
activities related to site-wide production.
- Provide updates to Business leader and
Operations Leadership teams as needed.
- Coordinate with Project functions to ensure the
effective scoping, build-out, and implementation of an effective catheter and
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum
of 10 years of related experience is required.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Master’s
Degree is preferred.
- Must have significant proven success leading world-class
product and processes as required.
- Must possess a proven ability to guide,
influence, and inspire through both formal and informal leadership as required.
- Must be able to demonstrate a desire for
personal development, communicate easily, enjoy working in a team environment
and be highly flexible is required.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of functional expertise
in a manufacturing environment with leadership experience is required.
- A minimum of 10+ year’s management experience at
the Manufacturing Manager level is required.
- Experience working in a highly regulated
environment is required.
- Experience in the medical device industry is
- A demonstrated track record of success
in a high matrix organizational structures; ability to
achieve objectives by working in and with cross-functional, international, and
multi-cultural teams is highly preferred.
- This position is located in Irwindale, CA and
may require up to 20% travel internationally and/or domestic.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work.
Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)Requisition ID