Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Manage various Risk Management activities, primarily related to the identification and evaluation of the company's existing and potential hazardous risks. The Sr. Manager of Risk Management will help develop and implement effective strategies to control the economic consequences of the identified risks of the business. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of an enterprise-wide risk management strategy that aligns with the strategic objectives of the company.
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the company's risk management program including proactively identifying the company's exposure to loss, managing and responding to those exposures, and implementing risk mitigation practices.
- Analyzes cost-effective risk financing strategies including risk transfer, self-insurance and alternative risk management methodologies to protect the assets of the company.
- Assists in the design of insurance coverage as well as the preparation of materials for the procurement of insurance in conjunction with the company's insurance brokers.
- Recommends the corporate insurance policy/philosophy as is required by law, contract obligations and changes in the company's business conditions or circumstances.
- Manages the claims management process for the company including the direct management of a team of internal claims managers as well as the indirect management of teams of third-party adjusters and occupational health counselors. Oversees the negotiation and settlement on various claims for losses on property, auto & general liability, and workers' compensation.
- Partners with the company's Safety program and operations in the development of effective risk control strategies to reduce and eliminate exposures to loss.
- Utilizes data analytics to target claims management and risk control opportunities for continuous improvement. Continues to innovate risk reporting (trending, risk analytics and metrics, risk indicators, etc.) to drive operational improvement.
- Fosters and develops relationships within the insurance industry including insurance carriers across various lines of coverage, insurance brokers, and other insurance related professionals. Manages the day-to-day relationship with the company's third-party adjuster.
- Monitors trends and regulations as related to the company's risks in order to initiate recommendations for changes to company policy.
- Prepares and makes recommendations on the company's total cost of risk budget
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 8 full-time employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, in similar area of study, and seven to ten years of previous experience.
- Preferred: Master's Degree, or equivalent experience, in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study, and a minimum of seven to ten years of previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Leading a team
- Building relationships
- Making decisions
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication (Verbal and written)
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."