Sr. Manager of the Infrastructure Automation Services
Posted: December 22, 2016
Reference ID: 16001E4D
Sr. Manager of the Infrastructure Automation Services (IAS) team
As the Sr. Manager of the Infrastructure Automation Services (IAS) team, you will be responsible for leading and enabling our Cloud Integration Engineers and Automation Engineers. This team will design, develop and deploy the cloud infrastructure and services used to build, deploy, and manage our Oracle Data Cloud products in the public cloud. You will be at the forefront of supporting and designing our next-generation infrastructure and applications. Using industry best practices and innovative approaches, you and your team will aim to provide the platform and tooling for high-performance, scalable, secure, and resilient systems in support of product development teams and their big data products and services.
Success in this role requires very strong technical leadership skills, a broad background and understanding of every layer of the systems ecosystem, the ability to evangelize your product and services, and the forging of collaborative relationships with peers and customers. You will have strong ability in the areas of development, management, organization, planning, and communication. It is absolutely critical that you have skills to manage, motivate, lead, and gain the respect of a highly technical engineering team.
The role requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus for solutions with business relevance. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, are detail oriented, passionate in applied technology; they will value customer-experience, are innovative as well as qualitative, can communicate clearly and will have a consistent track record of delivery.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead teams of cloud systems engineers and integration engineers and provide architectural oversight and guidance in furthering our cloud-based big data platform
• Drive the product strategy and roadmap for Cloud Design, Development, and Delivery
• Establish process and structure around effective team communication and clearly defined workflow and expectations
• Act as product owner for cloud-based data and application services
• Manage the development of the automation ecosystem for cloud delivery
• Work with head of security to ensure continuous improvements in security postures including encryption of sensitive data at rest, separation of duties, auditability, and monitoring
• Develop and manage personnel, including quarterly employee evaluations, career planning, training, setting goals and defining objectives, coaching, etc.
• Tight collaboration with Product Development teams and technical leadership to influence, build, and maintain high performance and high reliability cloud system/architecture
• Foster a team-based culture that represents the Oracle Data Cloud and Technology values
• Drive continual improvement within the Cloud Infrastructure Services team and across the Engineering organization
Skills and Qualifications:
• 7-10 years Infrastructure experience with exposure/experience to networking, infrastructure applications, systems design implementation, integration, and public and private cloud providers
• BS/MS in Information Technology/Engineering/Math/Science or equivalent experience preferred
• Experience managing large AWS environment using native and 3rd party resources
• Strong communication skills
• Proven experience managing large, agile infrastructure in the cloud and on-premise
• Management of cloud-based infrastructure supporting high-traffic web applications (50b API requests per month) and "Big Data" platforms
• Experience managing DevOps style teams
• Work closely with the product development teams to discover requirements and delivery needs
• Proven track record of pursuing and achieving innovation and excellence
• Ability to operate successfully at both a management and a technical level
• Experience developing architecture and technology strategies; dealing with big data and digital advertising platforms a plus
• Familiarity with one or more NoSQL technologies (Mongo, HBase, Cassandra, etc.)
• Experience with Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive)
• Cloud Service Models: SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, XaaS
• Strong experience with Automation, Orchestration, CI/CD tooling and support
• Software engineering/development and systems engineering
Puppet, Chef, Terraform or other configuration management systems
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages a team supporting and/or implementing software project(s) and/or internal systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas or sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Successful track record in applications implementation and as a manager. Expert knowledge of all applications within a business area; plus some knowledge of other applications. BA/BS degree preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.