Position Purpose: At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We are on a mission to provide the world’s best interconnected shopping experience; and to do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about reimagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Senior Manager, Online Creative Services, is responsible for leading the team responsible for the design, production, and management of all creative assets for homedepot.com and its online marketing programs. The person in this role will be responsible for defining the creative strategy for the site and working with the homedepot.com Marketing, Customer Experience, and Merchandising to sure it is consistently and effectively executed. In addition to an internal team of designers, editors, and coordinators, this person will also help to manage multiple agencies and work with other THD teams (e.g. Marketing) to drive creative and messaging consistancy across marketing channels.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 20% Manage Creative Services team consisting of Internet Designers, Editors, and Production Artists who are responsible for the design, production and management of all creative assets on homedepot.com
- 10% Develop and execute the creative vision for homedepot.com that reinforces The Home Depot brand and engages new and repeat homedepot.com visitors.
- 20% Manage external agencies working on homedepot.com initiatives. Ensure externally developed creative is consistent with the homedepot.com style guide, THD brand standards, and Internet best practices.
- 20% Work with Marketing and Web Customer Experience team to measure and optimize Web site creative to maximize customer engagement and response. Identify, document, and "internalize" best practices.
- 20% Work with Store teams (e.g. Marketing, Merchandising) to drive creative consistency across marketing and merchandising programs.
- 10% Develop strong processes associated with the management of homedepot.com site creative assets
Nature and Scope:
- Director, Web Marketing and Sales
- Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
Environmental Job Requirements:
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree
program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Work Experience Required: 7
- Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location or there may be a need to stoop regularly
or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Knowledge of Web and e-Business technologies, principles, and processes
- Experience working on integrated, Web-based marketing programs
- Demonstrated Project Management experience
- Experience growing and managing teams
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strategic thinker with an eye for good advertising and Web design
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Positive, upbeat, can-do, professional and responsible attitude
- Influential; practiced in negotiating with others in ways that result in win-win outcomes
- Good problem solver and decision maker
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment