Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical
Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Operations Engineering and
Technical Service aligned to ASP, located in Irvine, CA.
CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced
Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and
Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and
Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and
Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Sterilization Products (ASP), division of
Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, truly makes a difference by Protecting
Lives against Infection®. ASP has been innovating since 1987 to help
healthcare facilities protect patients with best-in-class infection prevention
solutions. Learn more about Advanced Sterilization Products at www.aspjj.com/us
To provide functional management and technical
leadership for an Operations Engineering group. The Sr. Manager of Operations
Engineering will be the supervisor for the group and will coordinate the
application of scientific techniques and Process Excellence (six sigma) to
design and develop safe, effective and efficient processes and products in
support of the company’s strategic plan. The Sr. Manager of Operations
Engineering will contribute to the career development of the people under
his/her supervision while leading complex projects requiring cross-functional
support and participation with emphasis in molded plastic, precision machining,
and/or electromechanical process/products. Will provide direct supervision to
the Technical Services Manager, Operations Engineers, and technicians in
pursuit of departmental goals and objectives.
Provide direction, leadership, and guidance to
Technical Services and Operations Engineers engaged in the following
- Lead and/or participate in Operations centric
projects and activity with emphasis on providing an uninterrupted flow of
components for assembly operations to meet quality, cost, compliance,
performance, and delivery requirements.
- Lead efforts to drive continuous improvement in
corrective maintenance rates for capital units.
- Lead the Technical Services team to help them
deliver on core responsibilities of support to the Field Services team,
design for service of new products, and lifecycle engineering integration
- Support for complex technical issues where
expertise resides in the franchise, including but not limited to NCR’s, audits,
- Provide technical design support as needed for
the approval/validation of changes in supplier processes compliant with
- Works independently (or in teams) to determine
root cause, develop mitigation and corrective actions for processes and
manufacturing related issues.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined
practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining
- Ownership of additional projects or activities
to support the goals and objectives of the organization including support
as needed for field action response teams.
- Responsibility for Product Life Cycle
- Will supervise Operations Engineers on daily
activities and provide technical and supervisory guidance toward
departmental objectives. Supervises Technical Services Manager and
provides support as needed to the Technical Services team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science is
required; Masters or Ph.D. preferred
- Previous experience in engineering, operations
or related background is required.
- Thorough knowledge of FDA and other regulatory
guidance is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft MS Office is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years product
- A minimum of two (2) years prior supervisory
experience in a highly regulated environment is required.
- Prior experience in the medical device industry
- Process Excellence (Six Sigma) skills
- Green Belt certification required; Black Belt preferred.
- This position is located in Irvine CA and may
require up to 10% travel.
VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore
opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
& Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Engineering (Generalist)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.