Sr Manager, People Partner - Corporate Functions
Location: Pleasanton, California
Posted: October 12, 2017
Reference ID: JR-21540
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
• Strategic HR Planning: Expected to gain a deep business understanding. Will align and build on the Services people strategy that supports core business priorities and is focused on organization effectiveness, workforce planning, talent and overall business performance.
• Talent Management: In partnership with the TM CoE, leads talent management and succession planning strategies and processes to develop world-class executive talent.
• Culture: Aligns performance management and reward strategies to drive and reinforce a culture of high performance and innovation with and across the business groups.
• Employee Engagement: Business champion to drive and leverage employee engagement initiatives that elevate and sustain high levels of employee engagement; leads this work across the Services organization
• HR Partnership: Engagement and collaboration with the global HR team, including the HR Operations and CoE teams
Role Requirements and Preferences:
• 10+ years in HR
• 2+ years supporting one or more executives (at the top 3 levels of an organization)
• Excellent oral/written communication and listening skills; presentation skills Strong service orientation but the ability to say "no", "not now", "here's an alternative"
• Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with leaders.
• Demonstrated experience in the following areas: leadership coaching and development, talent/performance management, high potential identification and development, and development of recognition/engagement programs
• Provide leadership and guidance to implement core HR policies, programs and practices necessary to drive business objectives
• Ability to partner with and coach senior level executives to increase their performance and ensure that strong leadership and coaching is infused throughout their organization
• Work in partnership with our Learning and Development team to plan and facilitate effective organizational design and development that enables business results
• Deliver a high level of service by providing appropriate influence, guidance and assistance to address a variety of employee related issues
• Serious but fun approach to your work
• Executive presence
• Ability to influence, especially at the executive level, and via remote relationships
• Irreproachable integrity
• Strategic mindset but ability and willingness to be hands-on
• Strong work ethic; bias toward action, implementation and speed Practical approach to HR
- knowing when to go big versus light; direct versus indirect
• (prefer) Experience with establishing HR Infrastructure (implementation of Performance Management, Compensation programs, etc.)
• (prefer) Experience working with a global employee base
• (prefer) Experience recruiting and selecting Developmentand/or Product Management leaders
• (prefer) Experience working with SAAS providers and/or software development industry exposure
• (prefer) Experience supporting a Services/Consulting organization