McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is seeking a Sr. Manager, Product Management, to join the Heath Systems Marketing team.
Position Description/Key Responsibilities:
- Assess and develop market, customer and product requirements for products, programs and services in product various product categories for health systems and alternate site pharmacy
- Oversee product development and product life cycle management (from concept to sunset)
- Analyze market size/ opportunity and assess competitive landscape
- Build and implement customer targeting and market share penetration strategies
- Establish product campaigns and promotions and coordinate execution with product marketing and communications teams
- Serve as subject matter expert for field sales team and customers
5+ years of product management experience including 2+ years managerial experienceCritical Skills
- Strong ability to size up market opportunity and give a market assessment based on customer product requirements
- Experience around the product development cycle and lifecycle of a service offering product (vs. tangible product
- Background in Product management for services
- Ability to drive a long-term strategy based on competition, market dynamics and emerging technologies
- Excellent cross-functional team, project and organizational leadership skills with the proven ability to interact with and influence varied and diverse personalities across all levels and functions
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Expertise in service related offerings around the ambulatory, outpatient or retail space
- Healthcare experience
- Exceptional ability to develop product strategies/business plans and turn that vision into reality
- Passion for taking on complex product areas with multi-faceted competitive industry landscape
- Ability to present to and influence customers
- Creative problem solver who can deliver mutual wins
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills
- Professional maturity and ability to act independently with sound business judgment
- Proficient at managing multiple projects with tight and often competing deadlines
- Flexibility to take on different roles and duties as required
- Flexibility to travel as needed, up to 25-30%
- Experience working in healthcare, hospitals, or pharmacy preferred
MBA preferred in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.