West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Our Product Managers play a critical role in achieving our mission. They lead teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts to define product strategy and develop, launch, and enhance products and services that drive our business forward.
At Capital One, we’re looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as Sr. Product Managers in our Content Management and Digital Engagement area. This team is working on building and shipping exciting new products to both internal and external customers… current areas include Next-Generation Content Management, Gamification/Behavioral Science, automatic content validation, and customer-perceived performance. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we’ll get them in jeans too…)
Things that might tip us off if you’re not the right person for this position:
• You think Square is just a geometric shape
• Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
• You have an aversion to denim
• A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
• Thinking about your money gives you hives
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Set product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, story writing, project execution, A/B testing, and product roll-out strategy
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Leads a team through rigorous process of test and learn with focus on identifying and developing a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two dimensions and understanding of the third.
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem solving approach
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Deep planning skills with the ability to organize thematic work areas in deep detail with long term vision and iterative execution
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization.
- Experience shipping multiple products across variety of platforms and channels
- Fluency in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking and service design
- Industry or hobbyist experience with emerging and leading technologies across disciplines (IoT, Machine Learning, Voice interfaces, etc)
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years in digital product Management
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 2 years’ experience in Banking / Financial Services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.