Sr. Manager, Product Marketing -
Symantec HQ, Mountain View, CA Company Overview
Symantec Corporation is a global leader in cyber security solutions. We operate the largest civilian cyber intelligence threat network in the world that positions us to proactively address where companies are most vulnerable, and we're developing new offerings in key growing markets such as mobile, cloud, web security, data-loss prevention, managed security services and authentication.
Protecting the world's information requires great people. There are people in 50 countries working on products and services that protect what matters most-from the most important information of the Fortune 500 to your family photos. Everything we do begins with what we've learned about keeping people's information secure. With the explosion of cloud services and the proliferation of mobile applications, enterprise security has never been more important. Symantec as the #1 enterprise security platform is uniquely placed to drive innovation and shape the industry. Position Summary:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, performance-driven self-starter and team player to drive the Product Marketing efforts for Symantec¹s enterprise security products. You will own the worldwide outbound marketing activities and messaging for your product. You must communicate and collaborate effectively within the business units as well as across the company, including Product Management, Corporate Marketing, Sales operations, AR, PR, Technical Alliances, Channel operations, and directly with partners and customers. You will support the go-to-market programs including launch planning, collateral, customer presentations, videos, and sales training materials.Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications
- Define key buyers and influencers and develop compelling messaging appropriate for each
- Excellent story teller with the ability to translate sophisticated and complex technical features into clear, compelling, and memorable stories of end customer value by audience type
- Develop go-to-market solution and launch strategy, and work with cross-functional marketing/product management/corporate marketing teams to execute high-impact fully-integrated programs that drive pipeline growth, market leadership and awareness
- Create content including solution datasheets, presentations, white papers, demos, blogs, webcasts, Web content and needle-moving sales/partner enablement tools
- Develop and deliver persuasive presentations including executive briefings, analyst briefings, industry events, webcasts, and trade shows.
- Anticipate and address needs of various sales and partner channels and geographies
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong marketing and project management skills, experienced in cross functional team development in a matrix organization
- Minimum 5-7 years of product marketing experience with strong understanding of the Security industry
- Should be very comfortable with security technologies, preferably endpoint, data center, and cloud technologies and demonstrate industry awareness
- Proven business and analytical skills to conduct market analysis, and develop and execute go-to-market plans
- Must have excellent written communications and strong presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Outstanding ability to work well cross functionally (Team/BU) and with partners and customers
- Keen interest in technology, the ability to identify and explain technology, product, and market differentiators
- BS/BA in a technical or marketing discipline required, MBA preferred
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.