Sr Manager, Quantitative Analysis
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
As a Quantitative Analyst Sr. Manager within the Model Risk Office, you will lead a team or be an individual contributor in the validation of loss forecasting, stress testing and Basel-related models that are used to measure risk and calculate capital requirements associated with a wide range of financial assets. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working closely with business leaders to influence business strategy. With a network of over 200 Statisticians, challenging projects with an eye on the bottom line and a focus on work/life balance, we’ve created a dynamic environment with plenty of room for you to learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to model validation projects, in a leadership and/or analytic capacity
- Understanding business processes and portfolios associated with model use, and the nature of model use within those processes
- Assessing the methodologies and processes used by modeling teams to develop and manage their models, and identifying potential weaknesses and the associated materiality of the risk
- Developing project plans, setting and managing expectations, and delivering results through self and/or others
- Benchmarking model methodologies and performance by specifying and managing the development of alternative models
- Analyzing complex data to determine correlations and data integrity issues
- Researching industry practices related to model methodologies
- Documenting validation processes and results
- Communicating validation work to management, model owners, regulators, and auditors
- Leveraging education, colleagues and training opportunities to develop solutions to business problems
- Assisting with building the validation group, through contributions to hiring, training, and developing infrastructure such as processes and templates
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research
- At least 4 years’ experience in Statistical or Econometrics hands-on work (can include Graduate School Research work)
- Doctorate in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research
- 5+ years in consumer risk or 5+ years in commercial risk
- 5+ years in risk scoring and 5+ years in forecasting models
- 5+ years of experience working with VERY LARGE DATA sets
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.