Sr. Manager, Respiratory Brand Finance
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As a Sr. Manager, Respiratory Brand Finance
, in Wilmington, DE
, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.Main Duties and Responsibilities
Leads and coordinates the financial resources and activities for the TA franchise/brand(s), managing the overall financial stewardship including financial reporting and compliance, financial forecasts, resource optimization and business investment opportunities.
- Member of the TA/brand(s) Leadership Team(s), serving as the key interface and contact for all financial management issues.
- Provide strategic focus and input to the TA Executive Director(s) and other leadership team members on all key business decisions including strategic direction, business development, resource optimization and management, and investments cases, with focus on sales optimization, launch success, and sustained growth.
- Responsible for ensuring sales and expense forecasts and phasing are achievable and supported by valid assumptions and sensitivities required to communicate potential variability to TA and US leadership.
- Accountable for the forecasting and monitoring of all Gross to Product Sales adjustments. Brand dependent, incumbent may have full responsibility for managed markets accruals, true-ups, and deal/no-deal analysis.
- Establishes, monitors, and provides course adjustments for franchise/brand financial goals and objectives.
- Works closely with brand team to complete the annual business planning cycles and to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Accountable for monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close processes and associated reporting. Support the month end close process by working directly with the brand teams on expense management and provide training on the financial process. Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for assigned areas.
- Present and communicate to TA/brand(s) leadership the brand forecasts, performance, and potential risks of financial submissions, including quarterly investment briefings.
- Lead continuous improvement in Finance processes and capabilities and lead financial risk management and financial governance in area of accountability
- Leads business case analysis for investment opportunities including rebates, life cycle opportunities, resource changes, and business development.
- Work proactively with the business to understand future financial information needs and produce efficient solutions to meet these needs.
- Ensure compliance with SOX 404 and sound financial principles.
- Provides an overall leadership role within the US finance organization for initiatives progressing the function as best in class in ethics, brand on brand best practices, and people development.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) required. (Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred)
- 6+ years of financial experience required
- Strong leadership capabilities and business partnering experience
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and demonstrated strategic influencing skills
- Strong business knowledge and background
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work as a change agent in a dynamic work environment
Next Steps - Apply today!
- MBA in Finance and/or public accounting background
- TA/brand knowledge and experience
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.