Sales Effectiveness Senior Manager, LinkedIn Talent Solutions - Americas Location Negotiable:
San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL
Head of Sales Effectiveness, LinkedIn Talent Solutions - Americas will be responsible for setting the strategic vision for our North America (NAMER) and Latin America (LATAM) regions. This leader will align directly with the NAMER & LATAM Sales Directors to drive high-impact, scalable & client-focused Sales Effectiveness. Specifically the focus will be on five key areas:
- Partnering with NAMER & LATAM LTS Sales Leadership to identify where, why and how Sales Effectiveness will play a critical role in driving key business priorities forward.
- Working closely with the EMEA & APAC LTS Sales Effectiveness leaders to identify leverage opportunities across the regions, while looking for every opportunity to scale globally.
- Planning for and empowering the team to capture baseline measures against key priorities, build solutions to inspire targeted behaviors in the right direction, and work with the right teams internally to measure the efficacy of these solutions to prove ROI.
- Partnering closely with the SEFF Operations team to ensure we deliver highly effective, easily-accessible, world-class Sales Effectiveness solutions focused on innovative uses of instructional design best practice, behaviorally-based interventions, and technology to scale.
- Recruiting, developing and leading a diverse team of Sales Effectiveness professionals with a focus on employee engagement and collaboration, fostering a dynamic team culture, and transforming our employees career trajectories.
- Lead & coach a dynamic, diverse, world-class team of Sales Effectiveness professionals.
- Invest and develop the Americas Sales Effectiveness team in core Sales Effectiveness domain knowledge and expertise.
- Operate as one-team by establishing deep partnerships within our LTS Sales Leadership base and cross-functional business partners (e.g., Sales Operations, Solutions, Insights, Customer Success Organization) across NAMER & LATAM.
- Establish deep understanding of the LTS business, contributing above and beyond Sales Effectiveness domain.
- Work directly with the Global LTS Sales Effectiveness Director to create 2-3yr strategic roadmap for achieving the sales excellence across the LTS sales organization, hand-in-hand with the LTS Sales Leadership team.
- Drive team engagement and collaboration across region to create and execute upon a global strategy for new hires onboarding, sales leadership development, & ongoing rep development.
- Partner closely with the Global LTS Head of Sales Effectiveness, HR and Global L&D teams to create a holistic approach to talent development for sales, specifically for new sales reps & managers, ongoing sales manager development & ongoing sales rep career development across the Americas.
- Drive innovation and incubation of new strategies and tactics to teach, inspire, & create long-lasting behavioral change that leads to the most productive and successful sales reps & managers in the world.
- Implement deep rigor within the Americas to clearly articulate and document key priorities, success metrics, solutions, impact & content.
- Ensure effective change management and communication strategies are established across programs to ensure buy-in is established, accountabilities are clearly defined across the Sales Leadership organization and success/failures are shared consistently and clearly with a clear path forward.
- 10+ years of driving sales training and broader sales programs experience
- 4 + years of people management
- Bachelor s degree. Advanced degree in education, instructional design, adult learning theory, or behavioral science preferred. MBA degree is a plus.
- Leads with Vision and Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of common purpose. Invests time to look beyond what s possible today. Sets clear milestones and holds people (and self) accountable to deliver.
- Leads and Influences People: Has a track record for attracting, coaching and growing his/her people. A talent magnet.
- Leads Change: Successful record of leading organizational change. Experience leading change for sales effectiveness organization a plus.
- Leads in Decentralized Environments: Previous leadership success in highly decentralized organizations, which require collaboration, consensus, and a high degree of influence to be successful.
- Leads Process Management: Can design processes necessary to get things done effectively and efficiently. Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow. Can simplify complex processes. Can define inputs and outputs and manage cross-functionally to comply.
- Works Effectively with Executives: Can build relationships, sell and deal comfortably with executives. Can craft approaches that are perceived as positive and successful. Knows how to deliver to build credibility.
- Interpersonal and Organizational Effectiveness: Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with all levels. Experience establishing the right communications vehicles to ensure real-time and close connection to business leaders, organizational priorities and changes.
- Executes Effectively: Successful track record of planning and execution. Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions. Delegates well. Sets clear goals and measure, monitors process, progress, and results. Designs feedback processes into work to always stay on track.
- Builds Effective Teams: Selects the right people for the team. Creates strong shared purpose and clear roles and responsibilities. Defines success in terms of the whole team. Identifies high-potentials and puts them into stretch opportunities. Demands Excellence. Identifies low performers and manages in and out as appropriate.
- Ability to travel (25%)
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.