West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Manager, Scrum Master-Release Train Engineer
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work. Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
In an Agile leadership role, you play the role of a Release Train Engineer role and/or a Program Delivery Lead role for our Enterprise Digital Security/Consumer Identity portfolio. As a master/mentor in the agile Scrum and Kanban delivery space, you will leverage industry proven frameworks and drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/SAFE) to focus on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the organization.
Cross team delivery:
- Mastery of complex facilitation and dependency management techniques (cross team, cross department)
- Drive cross team, ART and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity
- Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve
- Understand domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
- Stay current on domain architecture targets to support the program in risk management
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments
- Help establish governance structure where decision-making is weighted toward empowered teams
- Teach, mentor, and coach teams, Scrum Masters, ARTs and Product on emerging agile, lean, and XP methods.
- Acts as a coach to any Agile role or stakeholder.
- Actively seeks opportunities and leads in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of IT delivery experience
- At least 3 Years of Agile experience
- At least 1 year of agile coaching experience
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Master’s Degree
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI’s Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- Agile or Professional Coaching certification
- PMP OR Lean OR Agile OR Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified OR other scaled agile frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.