Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
At Capital One, we dare to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way. Our goal is simple – bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to an industry ripe for change. Founder-led, together, we will build one of America’s leading information-based technology companies. We may be a bank, but we think and operate like a tech company. A tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products. A tech company that experiments and innovates with the latest technologies, engineers breakthrough customer experiences, and brings simplicity and humanity to banking. Join us.
We are creating something unique and unprecedented, a re-imagined hub for technology training, as a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top technical and non-technical talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market. As a Lead IoT and Emerging Innovation Engineer within the Tech College, you’ll be part of a team responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing highly engaging learning experiences and solutions that will fuel our growth as a Tech company and help our associates develop cutting-edge skills.
This is a rare opportunity to be in a role with meaningful impact, challenging problems to solve, creative freedom and autonomy, strong support, and the ability to stay on the cutting edge of knowledge, skills, and tech. If this sounds too amazing to be true, challenge us – go ahead, apply and see for yourself.
- Experiment, prototype, and develop sustainable IoT solutions with state-of-the-art technologies to meet the needs of our organization
- Document and disseminate knowledge to team members and the wider organization
- Leverage reusable code and modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Be capable of handling multiple functions and roles within a single project or team
- Follow, build, and demand strong software engineering principles across the team
- Be a self-motivated, driven individual with strong emphasis on team accountability
- Establish or maintain best practices across the team and organization where appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience professionally developing software as part of an agile team
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- At least 1 year of experience developing software for sensor networks and embedded systems
- 1 year learning, mentoring others, and collaborative knowledge sharing
- 1 year experience providing technical leadership towards development of a product, or platform
- AWS Certification
- 1 year experience working within a cloud computing model
- 1 year experience with Design Thinking methodology, rapid prototyping, and minimal viable product development
- 1 year experiecne with DevOps and CI/CD practices
- 1 year experience with wireless sensor networks, wireless protocols, and communication standards
- 1 year of experience with platforms such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and Edison
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.