McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Manager - Solutions Architect
You will support 1 or more Agile development teams by providing architectural / design support for a variety of new technology innovations. You will focus on evaluating in-house development and integrating internal and vendor-developed systems with broader enterprise services, adhering to Capital One corporate standards and processes. You will document and build consensus around critical architecture decisions and communicate architecture direction with business partners, Lines of Business and leadership. Additionally, you will identify and manage platform strategic direction in coordination with business users' needs and direction. Ensure delivered solutions are in line with architectural vision.
- Elicit and elaborate key non-functional requirements including availability, performance, recovery and security
- Identify opportunities to reuse enterprise and shared technology services
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with Platform Tech Leads, Technical Operations, and Risk Management teams
- Perform the duties in accordance with established processes and formal agreements with the business
- Work on assigned projects to deliver the architecture artifacts in alignment with target architectures and relevant standards recommending changes to the latter where appropriate
- Own the technology/infrastructure and documentation of non-functional requirements including: availability, scalability, resiliency, security, etc.
- Drive delivery of technology roadmap related items by various teams, interface with Enterprise, and give presentations on upcoming initiatives
- Establish relationships with various technology partners (IT Operations, Innovation, other delivery partners, Lines of Business etc.)
- Strong communications and organizational skills to insure alignment between technical Product Owners and Lines of Business leads
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in computer system architecture
- At least 5 years of experience in IT project engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in IT infrastructure solutions design
- At least 2 years of experience in business systems analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in IT project management
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- 1+ years of experience with banking and financial services industry
- 5+ years’ experience in at least one of the following domains: digital, mobile, big data, payments technologies
- 1+ years of experience in an Agile environment or 1 + years of experience in a Kanban environment
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.