PepsiCo is home to some of the world's biggest food and beverage brands. In fact, we produce twenty-two $1B+ brands. Our brands are leaders in pop culture and provide experiences that help our consumers feel excited and inspired. As for our office environment, it's fast-paced, social, and globally connected.
The PepsiCo North America Beverages (NAB) team has embarked on a Portfolio Transformation journey to help the organization be poised for future growth. Come play a critical role in this transformation journey by helping to lead the Strategy & Insights agenda for Transformative Innovation. Reporting to the Director, US Strategy & Insights- Portfolio Transformation, this Senior Manager role will be accountable for partnering closely with the US Marketing team and leading the Insights agenda for Long-term Innovation and Next Gen Carbonated Soft Drinks (CSDs).Key Accountabilities:
- Design and lead insights agendas against business objectives, timelines and budgets for Long-term Innovation and Next Gen CSDs
- Present learning and insights as a basis for strategic decision making. Incorporate consumer-based insights across all planning, including marketing initiatives, consumer communications as well as annual and strategic business planning.
- Partner in developing marketing objectives and strategies by providing guidance to business team in identifying key business issues and opportunities for Long-term Innovation and Next Gen CSDs
- Must effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence all levels of management in a highly matrixed, collaborative and cross-functional team environment, including but not limited to the Marketing, R&D, Finance, Global and broader Insights teams
- Be a strategic thought partner to help define the future of the beverage landscape through a deep understanding of the NAB business, consumer, category and cultural trends.
- Through partnering with the Advanced Analytics team, leverage syndicated data sources (i.e., IRI scanner and panel data, etc.) to help monitor and diagnose the brand/category and address business issues and information needs
- Work closely with external vendors to analyze data and extract meaningful and actionable insights with minimal oversight from the Insights Director
- Participate in the development and management of the custom research budget
- Manage and develop a direct report
- 8+ years of experience in strategic Insights role
- Consumer Packaged Goods strongly preferred
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree; Advanced Degree preferred
- Well-versed in research methodologies, especially new product Innovation, and possess the ability to apply Insights to address business challenges.
- A team player who thrives on working collaboratively in a highly-matrixed environment
- Ability to excel in an agile, collaborative, ambiguous environment while working with a significant amount of autonomy
- Proven strategic thinker with ability to connect the dots across multiple data sources to tell a connected, compelling business and consumer story to drive the business forward
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to deliver strategy and insights in an engaging, impactful manner to influence and drive business decisions within a highly-matrixed global organization
- Proactive, self-starter who is results oriented and demonstrates a bias for action with a can-do approach to work
- Proficient with IRI/Nielsen scanner and panel data; must be experienced in interpreting and applying
- Ability to set agenda and chart course forward
- Proven People Leader with ability to mentor, coach and develop top caliber Strategy & Insights junior team member
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.