Oracle is hiring a Tax Planning Senior Manager
to be located at headquarters in Redwood Shores, California. This is a unique opportunity to focus solely on tax planning for a highly acquisitive and complex company in a sophisticated Tax Planning department working with high performing and talented tax professionals. As a Tax Planning Senior Manager
you will assist the Directors in the Tax Planning team on various initiatives and projects to ensure technical accuracy and drive successful implementation and completion.
The ideal candidate would have an innate sense of inquisitiveness and desire to gain a fundamental understanding of the facts and business rationale giving rise to various projects, and have a genuine interest in understanding the tax analysis which underlies any proposed course of action. Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the performance of tax due diligence on both public and private acquisition candidates
- Assist in the determination, evaluation, and implementation of the most tax efficient acquisition and integration structures for potential acquisitions.
- Assist in the design, evaluation and implementation of complex domestic and cross-border tax planning projects.
- Act as a liaison with other internal functions by developing and maintaining highly collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders with the primary goal to ensure that tax objectives are properly factored in the business decision making process within the company.
- Perform or direct tax technical research including analysis and interpretation of relevant tax laws, regulations, cases, and agency guidance
- Collaborate and liaise with regional tax planning teams on multi-jurisdictional tax projects to ensure both US and non-US tax consequences are taken into account
- Maintain current knowledge of certain US and international tax laws affecting Oracle and update relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Create financial models to illustrate and evaluate the tax consequences of various alternatives.
- 4 to 7 years of relevant multinational corporate income tax experience with a Fortune 500 company, law firm and/or CPA firm .
- Demonstrated experience with, and success in, collaborating and completing complex projects involving multiple stake holders under time-pressure.
- Detail oriented and highly analytical. Capable of drilling down into the details and performing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Highly adaptive and flexible
- Strong written and verbal/interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA, MS/MBA tax or law degree a plus.
Manage and coordinate internal and external resources to implement company tax savings strategies. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns. Manages a professional staff.
Be an integral partner in Oracle*s business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Develop and implement systems to compile information for various federal, state, local, and international reports. Represent the company on tax matters in government, professional, and industry associations. Performs or directs research; analysis and interpretation of federal, state, and local statutes. Manages and oversees international tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Experience with computer tax systems. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated leadership and project management skills. Experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. BA/BS in Accounting or Finance preferred. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.