Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Manager - Technical Product Management
Technical Product Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Van Buren Township
As a Sr Technical Product Manager, you'll help bring innovative Brilliant Factory and Digital Thread concepts to life in a Brilliant Micro Factory. This Digital Laboratory brings the physical world of machines together with digital solutions. In this role, you'll help to coordinate the implementation of new technologies, conduct early product definition and early development activities (MVP's), as well as demonstrate GE's best in class manufacturing solutions to customers
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and innovative person to drive a culture of customer focused, high performance innovation to new IT/OT solutions that feed into GE's internal and external commercial product portfolio.
In this opportunity you will be hands-on to incubate new ideas, define use cases, product features and early proof points leveraging the lab as vehicle to drive new front-end solutions that impact the right outcomes for the Digital Thread and Advanced Manufacturing space.
* Work with global teams to resolve manufacturing related challenges by applying sophisticated digitally-enabled monitoring, visualization and analytic techniques
* Develop Augmented Reality applications using commercial available, and next generation technologies
* Collaborate with GE product groups, material developers, strategic suppliers, and universities to advance digital thread solutions
* Execute plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and commitments
* Demonstrate a deep understanding of the technology stack, superior product and industry knowledge to quantify the impact and help the organization gain a competitive edge.
* Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
* Develop and drive a broad base of new product backlogs by identifying technologies and business outcomes leverage cross-functional teams
* Help develop a working environment for innovative developers to build solutions
* Identify new business opportunities by qualifying prospects, researching the size and scope of the opportunity and determining best options to drive decisions forward
* Work closely with existing and potential new external partners enabling the partners to gain benefits from the work.
* Establish a Digital Innovation Pod to incubate innovative Digital Thread products in partnership with GE Product lines and business teams.
* Develop and drive breakthrough ideas that showcase our products at industry events
* Functionally align across GE to provide guidance on best practices, functional architecture, and solution design.
* Lead proof of concept and pull together cross functional resources to deliver development outcomes.
* Work closely with the Digital Thread Product teams, external customers and business partners to execute the Digital Thread strategy
* Engage frequently with the development teams; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
* Ensure reusability of solutions, products, micro-service components, analytics and design content with extended teams and establish clear metrics that gauge product development speed and agility
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering
* Minimum of 5-10 years of IS, IT, Computer Science or Engineering experience with a concentration in front end design and development framework
* 2 year of experience with the Agile development process and translating user requirements in epics/stories.
* 2 years of experience in Windows and Unix/Linux programming
* Must be a US Citizen
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Vision to identify and adapt technology from other technology domains
* Ability to collaborate with other disciplines (product, software, IT, design, factory) and work in teams
* Experience with the GE Predix platform and analytics frameworks
* Knowledge of various coding platforms
* Understanding of GitHub, Cloud Foundry/PaaS Familiarity and Cloud technologies: IaaS, PaaS & SaaS, REST services.
* Experience working in an Agile software development environment
* Knowledge in CAD software as a viewer: Unigraphics - NX, Teamcenter, Dassault Systems CATIA CAD, ProE and ProEngineer Windchill, AutoCad
* Proficient in M.S. Office and supporting software
* Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity to evangelizes how the product drives customer outcomes.
* Demonstrates strategic expert level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
* Comply with all GE EHS Global regulations and policies.
* Must be willing to travel to GE manufacturing locations and Supplier locations as needed.
* Previous experience in the field of Industrial Internet
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.