At Exelon, we've got a place for you Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow.
Join our Exelon Business Services Company (BSC) to be part of a diverse and inclusive team that provides best-in-class professional services and adds exceptional value to Exelon’s family of companies. We provide financial, human resource, legal, information technology, supply management, communications, and corporate governance services.
Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Senior Manager role has a wide range of responsibility with respect to federal, state and local tax accounting, compliance and research with a focus on Exelon’s regulated utility business. The Senior Manager also supports rate case filings, the forecasting process as well as resolution of federal and state controversies. In this role, the Senior Manager is also responsible for directing and developing managers, senior analysts, and analysts. The position reports to the Tax Director with high visibility to the Vice President of Tax.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support the interim and annual income tax accounting process to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Responsibilities include reviewing and documenting supporting calculations and income tax accounting positions as well as executing internal review controls.
- Support the income tax compliance function to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Responsibilities include researching and documenting income tax positions, reviewing income tax calculations and income tax return forms.
- Support the regulatory filing and forecasting process to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Responsibilities include reviewing rate case filings and projected income tax obligations as well as scenario modeling.
- Independently research and conclude on various complex tax issues to determine the appropriate tax treatment and related reporting. Research includes preparing written memorandums for review and technical presentations to senior tax leadership. Investigate, conclude, and respond to inquiries regarding tax matters made by organizations within Exelon.
- Analyze and interpret changes to federal and state tax laws as well as communicate financial impact of changes. Assist in controversy matters with governmental agencies including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service, regulatory agencies, and other state taxing authorities. Activities include assisting in formulating position statements with respect to identified controversies raised by authorities
- Mentor and develop staff including providing feedback and direction on assignments and projects with a focus on the Exelon core competencies; as well as regular and active recruiting of tax professionals for future staffing needs.
- Proactively identify, drive, and implement process improvements that promote risk management, streamline activities, and enhance transparency in tax work streams. Lead project planning and support special projects.
- Undergraduate Accounting or other financial discipline
- 10 years or more of professional tax experience focusing on large publicly traded corporations, including a combination of industry and either public accounting or law firm.
- Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification and/or advanced degree (JD or MST or LLM)
- Ability to perform legal research
- Good working knowledge of all major areas of federal and state tax law
- Proficient analytical ability to resolve complex, technical issues
- Proficient writing and communication skills
- Utility industry experience is desirable, though not at the expense of a broad base of experience.
This position will be based in Washington D.C. with some travel to the Tax Department’s headquarters in Chicago Illinois as well as other office locations in the Chicago suburbs, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.