Aviation Supply Chain
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued?Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Manufacturing Manager - Materials Planning & Execution
Materials and Production Planning
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Sr. Manufacturing Staff Manager - Material Plan & Execution will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives for the U1 business supporting Jacksonville, FL, Norwich, NY and Saltillo, MX. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within the functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy.
In addition you will :
* Lead Sales and Operating planning process
* Assure inventory and service goals are met and drive the result of zero customer disappointments
* Develop and implement spares release plans that assure inventory and service levels goals are met
* Enhance the current processes, through the use of data, such that they are compatible with the principles of Flow Technology and Demand Based Management
* Assure the continued development and growth of assigned personnel through strong leadership
* Translate, prepare and assign meaningful and functional manufacturing productivity plans to meet established master schedules for customers
* Set strategic direction for planning and scheduling activities within the organization
* Provide leadership in using advanced planning tools to model, simulate, and release optimized material plans to the organization and in developing, planning and implementing the master schedule
* Determine and apply appropriate optimization methodologies to balance service level, inventory, and resource utilization using advanced planning tools
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in inventory management, shop operations, facilitation and production control in a manufacturing environment, production planning, inventory management principles and practices, or materials management disciplines
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
The Jacksonville location employs a multitalented workforce of 500+. Over 19,00 new jobs have been created in the Jacksonville area over the past 5 years. Our combination of one of the best and most affordable business environments with ample recreational opportunities, proximity to the beach & short commute times explain why 1.4 million people have made the Jacksonville region their home.Learn more about Jacksonville!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.