Job Description: POSITION OVERVIEW:
Under general supervision from the Regional Vice President and VP of Strategy for North America, carries out essential research and data collection and conducts complex quantitative and financial business analyses related to regional go to market strategies. Uses innovative methods to conduct or gather market research, channel information and supports the CVP to build detailed go to market strategies. Drives further linkage by executing the associated strategies across all brand businesses in North America with the CRVPs. Collaborates across the NA region and with the NA VP of Strategy on go to market strategies and broader business strategies. Assists as needed with key initiatives and project within the NA or global business. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
Job Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS:
- Creates growth / process improvement plans for business units. Offers recommendations and analysis on course correction and seriousness and magnitude of business issues
- Analyzes and interprets financial and operational results of targets through the preparation of various complex analyses by reviewing financial and market performance. Uses various reporting tools and systems including financial, market share, Salesforce and various BI tools.
- Works with regional VP to assess issues and develop recommendations in the creation of local market strategies. Implements sustainable business improvement plans to execute strategies at the local market and channel level.
- Conducts external research and financial analysis and provide recommendations to build the business unit growth plans.
- Prepares presentations for regional VPs, North American and global leadership.
- Pioneers ideas for go to market/channel strategies and for product portfolio optimization.
- Assists sales, marketing, product management, finance with creating, analyzing, and interpreting financial and non-financial business metrics and creates action plans to resolve business issues as a result.
- Performs other related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Science/Engineering/Finance or related discipline, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of progressively more responsible consulting or similar experience required.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills. Excellent analytical skills and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly energetic and multiple-engagement environment, dedication to teamwork, a strong work initiative, and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Able to use data to tell a story.
- Detail oriented.
- Prior experience leading consulting teams
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.