Do you want to lead a team that builds innovative marketing solutions with a combination of technical & business expertise? LinkedIn is looking for a Senior Manager of Global Marketing Operations to build & run a newly formed Customer Marketing
team that will engage, retain, and grow partnerships at scale. This person will lead a team of marketing operations professionals that cover customer engagement campaigns across all our lines of business. The team's scope stretches from mining LinkedIn's world-class database for targeting, to building email programs and marketing websites.
This person will be called on to be an expert in marketing automation and set strategy while simultaneously managing the operating mechanisms of the business and ensuring seamless marketing execution. They will play a cross-functional leadership role as a strategic partner to customer engagement leadership across LinkedIn's B2B lines of business (Talent, Marketing, Sales, and Learning solutions). Finally, but perhaps most importantly, they'll need to be a compassionate manager who can coach their team members to succeed in their current roles and help them grow into their next ones. They'll be a business leader, marketing leader, people leader and operations leader rolled into one.
The role sits on the Global Marketing Operations (GMO) team at LinkedIn, whose mission is to Design and operate a marketing discipline that delivers LinkedIn's offerings in an innovative, relevant and effective manner.
The Global Marketing Operations team has been recognized for multiple awards across the marketing industry, including the Sirius Decisions ROI Award for its use of analytics and automation to drive sales productivity and the Eloqua Markie award for best lead scoring. We also believe talent is the single most important operating priority, and are excited for you - whoever you may end up being - to join our team. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Management - Manage 3 marketing operations professionals and provide the guidance to help them succeed in their current role and grow toward their next ones
- Marketing Operations - Build a best in class "internal marketing agency" that supports and drives forward our Customer Marketing teams.
- Marketing Enablement - Design and build new systems and processes to enable marketers to be the best at their job. Includes but not limited to multi-channel campaigns, account based marketing; segmentation strategy, defining best practices, tips and techniques
- Strategy - Participate in marketing plan and project prioritization, working with related internal stakeholders as a leader and advisor
- Automation - Up skill the global team in order to support, build, optimize and implement automated nurture tracks with Responsys and across multiple channels
- Technology - Partner with Web Ops, Automation & Data Enablement teams to drive forward the usage and adoption of new integrations and technologies within Global Marketing Operations and marketing as a whole
- Optimization & Execution - Monitor, test and improve performance across multiple advertising campaigns; provide actionable recommendations to maximize ROI
- Cross-Function Alignment - Drive cross-functional alignment with other business lines and business partners
- Leadership - Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative, be innovative and creatively solve problems while building and maintaining relationship with key stakeholders a business leaders across LinkedIn.
- Results - Take a results-driven approach to marketing and prioritize campaigns based on expected impact
- 7+ years of experience in leading relevant marketing, operations or business strategy roles
- 3+ years of people management
- Bachelor Degree
- Strong communication skills
- An analytical & systems driven approach
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, "get it done" entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify & implement process improvements
- Strong performance record in managing successful marketing campaigns, ideally across multiple channels
- Experience in working with Marketing systems and tools, preferably Eloqua
- Ability to quickly prioritize & make decisions within a constantly changing dynamic environment
- Deep knowledge and passion for marketing
- Comfortable collecting and analyzing data from sources including internal data warehouse using SQL and salesforce (our sales system of record)
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.