Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
The successful individual will serve as the acute kidney injury medical device product champion and the steward of the voice of the customer for the United States geography. This individual is responsible for leading all marketing related activities for the Acute system platform, including interfacing, planning, executing, and supporting targeted strategic and tactical activities in close collaboration with domestic and international cross functional colleagues.
- Responsible for strategically planning and executing the marketing plan and vital business unit activities that affect market position, product lifecycle, objectives and financial results of the critical care acute kidney injury medical device platform.
- Develop plans to support Acute medical device positioning, including new product launches, meeting unmet market needs, turning product positioning and message maps into claim and sales tools that drive profitable growth.
- Act as primary liaison and strategic partner with Baxter's domestic and international cross functional team members to continuously analyze market trends, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), unmet market needs, key opinion leader influencers, and product line performance to maximize sustainable and profitable market growth.
- Lead, drive and manage new product launch including planning and executing launch plan including market research and pre and post product lifecycle management.
- Influence new product development cycle to include local requirements by working closely with global marketing, R&D, quality, regulatory, clinical education, and sales.
- Ensure achievement of operating plan goals, including ongoing management of product demand monthly sales forecasts and results.
- Represent business as the expert in product knowledge, training programs, promotional materials, and with customer visits.
- Ensure voice of customer is continuously monitored and included in defining market and therapy requirements.
- Develop and participate in market research, clinical evidence plans, and collaboration with thought leaders to apply findings to develop product and promotion strategies.
- Create an environment of operational excellence with a focus on meeting commitments and contributing to a high performance culture.
- Leadership - ability to earn respect, lead, align with, and represent decisions to others
Education and/or Experience:
- High energy team player comfortable working in a multicultural matrix environment and building strong collaborative relationships with a diverse group of cross-functional leaders and team members
- Solid strategic planning abilities and business acumen with proven ability to understand market trends, financial data, customer needs and assess competitive intelligence data
- Product Management Experience - medical device product experience in a marketing role strongly preferred; strong ability to strategically position differentiated selling tools & programs via messaging, branding, creative device/software/product portfolio program development, demand fulfillment, and product pricing
- Ability to develop and execute marketing communication, messaging, and branding campaigns
- Customer focus - a passion to represent Voice of Customer to multiple functions in an effective and compelling fashion; a strong patient and end user orientation is critical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple levels, functions and cultures
BS/BA required with minimum eight year's experience in marketing, MBA strongly preferred; Experience in Medical Device / Software / Products / Clinical / Pharma / Therapy areas strongly preferred; Continuous renal replacement therapy, Critical Care ICU focused therapies, or extracorporeal blood focused therapies are highly valued. Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.