As a Consumer Insights professional within PepsiCo, you must demonstrate the ability to become a trusted adviser and thought leader to business. You should be experienced in enrolling and engaging leaders in best practices for unlocking consumer and marketplace insight and trends to build powerful brands, sustainable innovation and strong business performance. You must be collaborative and able to work cross-functionally to contribute to the development of multi-year brand and portfolio growth strategies. You should be experienced in consumer and consumption insights and application and/or have transferable experience (e.g., shopper/path to purchase insights, innovation/design insights, agency account planning, etc.). You should be generally familiar with the fundamental Insight and research methodologies, tools and techniques and understand the proper application and interpretation of such techniques. You should also have experience assessing the latest macro cultural trends as well as specific food/snack/beverage trends and demonstrated ability to apply trends appropriately to business and strategy solutions.Position Description:
- The Sr. Manager, US Strategy & Insights - Pepsi will report to a Sr. Director, US Strategy & Insights - Carbonated Soft Drinks (CSD) Portfolio in the Marketing Division of PepsiCo North America, located in White Plains, NY.
- This role leads the Insights agenda for Pepsi, helping to set the strategic direction for the trademark by unlocking data-driven, actionable insights & providing a holistic understanding of the business that impacts short- & long-term strategic decision-making. Additionally the role manages a Manager and an Associate Manager.
While there are many accountabilities specified below, most importantly, this person must passionately seize a role of influence within the Pepsi Marketing team and seek to drive more efficient and effective decision making through his/her team's work and a genuine curiosity towards the business and full commercial system.
Qualifications/Requirements Skills Profile:
- Design research plans against business objectives, timelines and budget for Pepsi brand
- Partner in developing marketing objectives and strategies by providing guidance to business team in identifying key business issues and opportunities for Pepsi
- Present learning and insights as a basis for strategic decision making. Incorporate consumer-based insights across all planning, including marketing initiatives, consumer communications as well as annual and strategic business planning.
- Participate in the development and management of the custom research budget. Monitor research spending for brand Pepsi.
- Manage supplier selection, activity and work flow to ensure cost efficient, accurate, and timely completion of projects.
- Through partnering with the Advanced Analytics team, leverage syndicated data sources (i.e. IRI scanner and panel data, etc.) to help monitor and diagnose the brand/category and address business issues and information needs.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and GBG (Global) counterparts on innovation and communication initiatives.
- Manage both a Manager and an Associate Manager on the team.
- Experience setting and leading insights agendas, applying a broad range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Familiarity with IRI/Nielsen scanner and panel data; ideally experience interpreting and applying
- Strong initiative and results orientation
- Ability to translate consumer understanding to insight
- Strong influencing, communication and storytelling skills
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving
- Managerial experience
- Collaboration / teamwork skills; experience in matrix environment(s)
- Excellent project and budget management skills
- Bias for action
- 9+ years total experience as a consumer research professional
- 4+ years of relevant marketing research experience with a consumer packaged goods company
- Bachelor's Degree; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Experience setting and leading cross-methodology insights agendas, well versed in research methodologies and possesses the ability to apply research to address business challenges.
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.